Best place to live in the USA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Jan 3, 2005.

1. I forgot about that

#11     Jan 4, 2005
  2. Any opinions on Boston? I've never been there

#12     Jan 4, 2005
  3. Houston, is very diverse.

Strong china town and other cultural centralization areas.

Cons would be , slight polution problem, and you have to be able to drive because it can be pretty spread out. Unless you live downtown, the city just put in light rail mass transit for downtown.

Houston has a lot of rainfall, and can be sometimes humid in the summer.

Thats about all I can think of for cons.

Also sometimes you can get citied out. Happened to me in Boston all the time and you have to get away. I suggest living in the suburbs, only a short drive away from all the action, but you have your space when you need it.

I would suggest Sugar Land, slightly less diverse, but great neighborhoods. Sugar Land is growing very rapidly too, as people from California, and the Northeast migrate south. Thats where I live and would recomend it to anyone.

Its like the best of both worlds.. Controled quite suburbs, and then minutes away is a major metropolis.

This setup for living near both is a true slice of American heaven.

:D

#13     Jan 4, 2005
  4. Boston is nice in the spring. Winters can be brutal there.

The city planning is ancient, and roads are a pain.

Everything is slammed so close together you can just walk, or take the T(train)

Boston has major diversity, and a great emphasis on education and liberal thinking.

Cons are .. Way to many people competeing for so few resources. Its the only city I have been to where you can't always get what you want from a store and have to settle for what evers left. Also the northern attitude can be pretty flippant and not customer service oriented. Why should they, if you don't buy it some one else will.

Supply and demand is out of balance there.

If you are seriously going to consider Boston, go spend a week there, to get a feel for the culture of the city.

#14     Jan 4, 2005
  5. ChaosNSX,

I heard that Boston is also really fast paced. I'm more laid back, so I'm not sure if that's something I would like. I just like the older architecture found in the east coast.... beautiful! I know Boston is a college town, and I've been told I would enjoy the nightlife there.

I lived in Wichita Falls, Tx for a year. I know that's the ghetto, haha, but I thought Texas is pretty nice overall. Since I am asian I do consider the size of the asian community. I'm also like you. I would rather live out in the suburbs. I like to have my privacy, and still be near the city action.

I also lived in Phoenix for a year. I really liked it there. I also have a lot of friends there, so I've been sort of thinking about Phoenix. There's a lot of things to do in that area. A few hours from LA, San Diego, and Vegas is a great bonus.

The only gripe about Texas and Arizona that I have is the pollution. I've been so spoiled growing up in Oregon. The air and water is so clean here.

Houston definitely seems like a good canditate for me also. Spending a week to get the feel is good advice, but I won't be moving anytime soon.

Andy

#15     Jan 4, 2005
  6. that pretty much rules out the whole of Utah..:D

#16     Jan 4, 2005
  7. Mt.Dora, Lake City, Lake Helen, all Fl .

#17     Jan 4, 2005
  8. Provo Utah? Oh no, no, no, no. Unless you are Mormon...don't even think about it.

m

#18     Jan 4, 2005
  9. New Mexico: a third world country within the borders of the United States.

m

#19     Jan 4, 2005
  10. You ever see the movie "Brazil"?

Welcome to the future.

m

#20     Jan 4, 2005