Best place to build a retirement home.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Free Thinker, Jan 21, 2009.

1. I like North Az a lot too. Ponderosa country. Problem is Sedona and Flagstaff are about the only cities. Sedona is expensive and Flagstaff is boring.

I grew up in the Southeast and moved here to San Diego in 1998. I went back to Atlanta for a year and then came back.

I moved back to Atlanta thinking I missed the trees, seasons etc. All those tall tree were almost claustophobic. I had gotten use to seeing the horizon, ocean and mountains out here and, well to hell with greenery. I will take the arid landscape with low humidity any day.

John

#31     Jan 25, 2009
  2. You might want to check out outlying areas around Nashville TN, or Knoxville TN, Asheville, NC. North Georgia about 70 miles north of Atlanta.

#32     Jan 25, 2009
  3. RL8093

RL8093

This is probably true for many places on the east coast (& elsewhere). You might want to consider 2 homes - one summer, one winter. Find a nice area for each season & start throwing out some ridiculous low bids - lots of desperate people / banks right now ... (& foreseeable future)...

R

#33     Jan 25, 2009
  4. A Tidbit...My recent experience is that one should stay far away from REO's and banks. They have recently become very very cocky. Thanks TARP.

#34     Jan 25, 2009
  5. talknet

talknet

One of the best places for Retirement home is Rural Bulgaria because Bulgaria is "next Switzerland".

Hunting and Fishing is available in almost all the Rural areas which have mountains, rivers and forest in background.

I have Identified a place as my retirement home, it has front view of a lake. It's like having a "private lake".

I have contacts with the biggest real estate company in Bulgaria. Let me know if you are looking for retirement home in Bulgaria.

#35     Jan 26, 2009
  6. Vegas Baby, Vegas!!

Nice weather 90% of the time, a bit hot in the Summer. No state income tax, always cheap/free food and fun. Cheap homes. And the Entertainment capital of the World.

Just ask any local Bright Trafder, LOL.

Don:)

#36     Jan 26, 2009

7. You got that right, Ocwen leads the pack in that department. Radian is okay I just did a deal with them and it went very smooth, prompt response etc etc. It;s difficult trying to talk with an outsoruced Indian worker about doing a short sale in Wyo haha

#37     Jan 26, 2009
  8. thanks don but i dont like the empty desert. i am considering northern nevada near tahoe tho.

#38     Jan 26, 2009
  9. 30 minutes from Mt. Charleston, 20 minutes from Lake Mead. 3.5 hours from Pacific Ocean....but, Tahoe is great..as you said, a bit pricey.

You see, I can't even imagine a "retirement" home/residence. I think keeping busy, traveling etc. is important to longevity...and we are a perfect hub for that. I see so many retiree types from CA and NY who were able to cash out and buy a bigger better house here, enjoy themselves.

But, to each their own, of course.

My friend has a small ranch in New Mexico..still "sane" prices over there.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Don

#39     Jan 26, 2009
  10. Have you checked this one out yet?

http://www.thevillages.com

I have some family members living there and they seem happy.It's not to everyone's taste but it doesn't do any harm to take a look.

#40     Jan 27, 2009