Best place to begin your trading career NYC, Chicago, Northern NJ, Stamford CT

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by emg, Jun 29, 2011.

1. EPrado

EPrado

I replied to this guy, but me gets the feeling that he's some failed trader who comes on this site to stir up shit because he can't trade and is jealous of those who do succeed.

#21     Jun 29, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I get that same feeling. :)

#22     Jun 29, 2011
  3. EPrado

EPrado

Hey Mav,

Will email ya about them. Met with them when they were a legit 700 million dollar fund, and later when they became a "prop trading firm". Gotta run out but will email ya later when I get back. They were a very legit fund until Summer 2008.....then......

#23     Jun 29, 2011
  4. No question about it it, I love Florida. Lived there for summers in Miami with my uncle and cousins during college. Never forget the gorgeous women and racing offshore boats up and down the coast then working for 3 hours in the evening and doing the same thing the next day....Blew this country boys mind at the time--never saw mad money before--- That was the life!

The problem with Florida and why it's so attractive to scammers is that you can keep your multi million dollar home even if you do a chap7 bankruptcy. Creditors can't touch your home. Thus a perfect breeding ground for those with unscrupulous ethics.

#24     Jun 29, 2011
  5. re: whom wants to live in NJ?

evidently the very wall streeters that you covet......NNJ is basically an NYC suburb & highly desirable by the elites...Wall Streeters,Yankee,Giant & Knick players current & retired....only prob is,would you be able to keep up & speak the language in order to make it & fit in?

#25     Jun 29, 2011
  6. jfranco

jfranco

WHERE DO I LEARN HIGH SPEED ALGO TRADING ONLINE?

#26     Jun 29, 2011
  7. Where you trade from is really irrelevant....from 5th ave NYC or Prague Chech republic....it`s you against yourself...don`t waste your time & money relocating unless you seek tutelage &/or capital.

that`s it in a nutshell..i`ll save you the suspense.

#27     Jun 29, 2011
  8. You are a ball in hi grass..........LOST!

#28     Jun 29, 2011
  9. the1

the1

You can't. You need to be able to conquer something like this -- the marriage between C++, Stats, Calculus, and Finance.

http://www.iit.edu/mathematical_finance/academics/

#29     Jun 29, 2011
  10. emg

emg

u can say whatever u want to say about me. I am not in business of selling. Only salesmen/saleswomen are concern about others. Afterall, isnt that what's competition is about?

NYC will remain #1 and Florida will remain the capital of chop shop

#30     Jun 29, 2011