Best place to begin your trading career NYC, Chicago, Northern NJ, Stamford CT

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by emg, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's 100% false. They have no plans on leaving. At worst they would move their head office out of state and the trading floor and building would still be used here. But no way in hell Rham would let them leave. Not going to happen.

#11     Jun 29, 2011
  2. CME is not going anywhere. They issued a press release noting the high cost of business, aka corporate tax rate, in chicago may force them to move to another state. There is no flippin' way the city would let that happen.

#12     Jun 29, 2011
  3. emg

emg

Chicago will always be #2 best place to trade. #2 is good. Its better than #3

#13     Jun 29, 2011
  4. the1

the1

Boston University has a fantastic Financial Math program that is geared toward Algo Trading.

http://www.bu.edu/phpbin/news-cms/news/?dept=644&id=56004

#14     Jun 29, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Once again you are talking out of your ass. Chicago has more prop firms then all the other cities combined. Number 2 my ass. No wonder you can't trade.

#15     Jun 29, 2011
  6. emg

emg

let me ask u this salesman, how many prop traders have u burned per month?

#16     Jun 29, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ha Ha nice dodge.

#17     Jun 29, 2011
  8. jfranco

jfranco

how can i learn high speed algo trading online?

#18     Jun 29, 2011
  9. EPrado

EPrado

Newsflash EMG......there are plenty of bullshit chop/shop firms in NYC,Chicago,NJ....etc. I have traded in all those areas and Florida. The bullshit firms that advertise in Florida are mostly through craigslist and aren't located there.

One of the worst in florida was an FX firm named Integra. While they were located in South Florida, they recruited and went after guys in NYC, NJ, Chicago. So these firms...wherever they are located ....will find their ways to other places.

As far as hedge funds....sure there are a few down there that had scams...but no more than the ones in NY, CT, and Chicago. The difference is that NY and Chicago have tons more trading firms/funds than any other area.....so it doesn't stand out as much.

How long have you been trading/ in the business? (assuming you do trade and aren't just some failed trader complaining how impossible trading is).

#19     Jun 29, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey EPrado, what was the deal with Integra? They had a really cool video on their website about time. LOL. That's all I remember about them. I seem to remember they were claiming to manage like close to a billion dollars. LOL. Of course when I googled their address it came up as a small piece of shit house in a residential neighborhood.

#20     Jun 29, 2011