Best Pilots....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mgrund, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BycHBgQKnQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/32JJmvRxabo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DdxzpeFyFSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#31     Apr 30, 2014
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

3. Redneck

Redneck

#33     Oct 13, 2014
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Was long ago, wasn't allowed to take FAST, as didn't have the vision, and LASIK was just a study then. Pilots now allowed in under the LASIK program. Timing... :(
    And one strange thing. A Major, and Captain flying, is the norm. I also noticed ssgt on a jet, and that's a Staff Sergeant. Are NCO's now allowed to fly in the USAF?

#34     Oct 13, 2014
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Same here, I didn't have the vision either.
    I couldn't say, though I'd be surprised if they could.

#35     Oct 13, 2014
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

That is the name of the crewchief.

#36     Oct 13, 2014
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I believe you are correct.

#37     Oct 13, 2014
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Never seen that before. Of course, know nothing about the USAF, besides they're cutting edge, death from above, and do live well.

#38     Oct 14, 2014
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

^ There's a "SRA" below the SSgt, and in USAF believe that's Senior Airman. And can't help watch that clip a few times.
    What a feeling that would be to actually get to go for a spin in one of those, F16, F18, etc., Wow! Wish I had at least been with an air wing so I could have at least been around these sky Ferraris, vs a mile under them. Hearing them was a damn good thing, and the sound they leave behind...wow! Great clip! What a life being able to do that! And new Fox News gal is anchoring, who was once a USN pilot. And she's hot too! Damn!:eek:
    Btw, how's your jet project Luke? Would love to see a go pro in flight of that!

#39     Oct 14, 2014
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I spend so much time baby sitting my granddaughter it's barely moving at all.
    She starts school full time next year though. Then it will be full speed ahead.

I do have a fairly Representative X-Plane model of it completed. As much as it can to begin with. It confirms original performance estimates, stability and control. Even with a full load of fuel it will go from a standing start on the runway to 10,000' in just under 4 minutes. Roll rate at maneuvering speed is at least 360 deg per second.
    At that same speed it can exceed 9 G's for brief periods.

#40     Oct 14, 2014