Best PCI TV card for Win2k

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paulr, Jan 27, 2003.

1. paulr

paulr

Can anyone recommend a TV tuner card for Win2k. Do any of these let you have multiple windows open to different channels at the same time?

thanks

2. gnome

gnome

ATI's TV in Wonder... or All In Wonder 128 is still cheap. I have had All in Wonders for 5 years, but you can't have 2 TV channels open at the same time. :D

3. You can add a card such as Wintv2000 by Hauppauge to the Ati card and have two channels at once. It also comes in USB version also.

4. gnome

gnome

Did you ever try the USB version? I did. Smart idea, but the audio was poor. ATI said something like, "that's the best we can do with USB 1.0"... if that's the best, the product should have never come on the market. :)

5. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

I like the avertv stereo card better than ati cards. ati cards don't seem to co-exist well with other video cards on the same m/b.

I have a matrox agp parhelia + avertv card ($49 at compusa) on one pc and it works great, also works very well as a capture card...

http://www.aver.com/products/tvtuner_AVerTV_stereo.shtml

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=292417

enjoy..

I use mine to watch cnbc premkt and view vhs movies for captures etc. The mpeg I/II capture feature has an adjustable video (and audio) bitrate, which is good, plus presets for vcd etc format/cap size.

ken

6. gnome

gnome

ATI tuner cards work fine with certain other ATI cards. Other than that, I think you're right.

7. cartm

cartm

I have a question which is a little OT but I didn't want to start a whole thread to ask what is probably a stupid question anyway. Do they make, a PCI card that has both firewire and usb 2.0 hubs on one card?.......and if so does anyone know where I can get a good one?...I am running out of PCI slots lol......Thanks

8. cartm

cartm

Nevermind, I found a few. They do exist which is pretty cool bc I was running out of pci slots. Anyone have one they would like to rec?......I am looking at one now with 2 usb 2.0 and 2 firewire, I figure that should be enough. Thanks

9. tcosync

tcosync

I agree about the AverTV cards. Inexpensive and really good. I use it with PowerVCR II and this combo rocks! Great for pausing 'live' TV for times when you need to concentrate on the market.

10. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

thx for the tip re power vcr ii, will check it out..

#10     Jan 29, 2003