Best paying job if you are uneducated & unemployed = Bum

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 16, 2010.

1. I've given him money in the past. Then my wife told me she saw him all full of energy one day talking on his cell phone. Thats when i started keeping my eye on him. Sure enough, I see him walking down the street looking happy & alive and chatting away to his buddies on his cell phone, but when he gets into begging mode, he moves at a snails pace as if he is in pain. From what I understand terminal brain cancer has a life expectancy of 3 months to 1 year. This guy is going on at least 4 years and who knows how long he was there before I moved into the area.

Reminds me of another guy who held sign saying he had a 9 year old daughter to take care of and he just needed a little help. I come back 3 years later and he is still holding the same sign. Daughter is still 9 years old after 3 years.

I have more respect for those guys that hold a sign and say "why lie, I just need a beer"

#11     Jun 17, 2010
  2. Would you give money or beer to the guy? :confused: :D

#12     Jun 17, 2010
  3. He probably wasn't begging for cash.

Homeless trader dies with $4 million

#13     Jun 17, 2010
  4. were you applying for the job?

#15     Jun 17, 2010
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Once we gave $5 for a woman who ran out of gas at an intersection. A week later I saw her van standing at the exact same spot. That is some kind of bad luck, running out of gas at the same place.... :eek:

#16     Jun 17, 2010
  6. Actually, I did once give the guy a beer. When I think back though, the guy seemed like he probably could've used the money more than the beer.

#17     Jun 17, 2010
  7. Thats nothing...a slightly overweight woman who was "pregnant" was asking for money for an entire year without her belly getting any bigger. As far as I know she is still carrying that baby. The world record for the longest term pregnancy is 375 days. I think she beat that woman a month or two ago.

#18     Jun 17, 2010

8. Proverbs 31:6

Give beer to those who are perishing,
    wine to those who are in anguish;

let them drink and forget their poverty
    and remember their misery no more.

#19     Jun 17, 2010
  9. pspr

pspr

Depends on your translation.

New International Version (©1984)
    Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish;

New Living Translation (©2007)
    Alcohol is for the dying, and wine for those in bitter distress.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress;

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to him whose life is bitter.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Give liquor to a person who is dying and wine to one who feels resentful.

King James Bible
    Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

American King James Version
    Give strong drink to him that is ready to perish, and wine to those that be of heavy hearts.

American Standard Version
    Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, And wine unto the bitter in soul:

Bible in Basic English
    Give strong drink to him who is near to destruction, and wine to him whose soul is bitter:

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Give strong drink to them that are sad: and wine to them that are grieved in mind:

Darby Bible Translation
    Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto the bitter of soul:

English Revised Version
    Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto the bitter in soul:

Webster's Bible Translation
    Give strong drink to him that is ready to perish, and wine to those that are of heavy hearts.

World English Bible
    Give strong drink to him who is ready to perish; and wine to the bitter in soul:

Young's Literal Translation
    Give strong drink to the perishing, And wine to the bitter in soul,

#20     Jun 17, 2010