Best Options Trading Software

Discussion in 'Options' started by db362, May 31, 2009.

1. db362

db362

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any consensus for the best options trading software available in the market today....

I only have experience with ETrade Pro which i find to be quite good actually -- agile software, with multiple screens and tons of features like strategy scanner, and good charting features....
    but the commissions are on the higher side -- $7.99 plus $0.75/contract

are there other softwares which as as good as etrade pro but with lower commissions?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
    cheers!

2. techtech

techtech

this is some of the worst out there for serious traders.
    1. it disconnects all day long, you then trade off bad data.
    2. the quantities and the market value does not update so you trade off wrong quantities and prices. buy same thing twice.
    3. the charts are not accurate, very rudimentary.
    4. market depth, order status, and ...can freeze several times per day; returns in 4 or 5 minutes
    5. the entire Pro system can freeze several times per day, must reboot.
    6. the "feedback" button takes you to surveymonkey who tries to sell you surveys.
    7. the support phone number on the pro screen goes to trading support at etrade. they know nothing about the software.
    8. these reports are all over the web. etrade denies there's a problem.

3. MTE

MTE

There is no best, each has its pros and cons. It really depends on what features you require.

With that said, Thinkorswim is, arguably, the benchmark for retail option traders.

4. mike007

mike007

Thinkorswim is worlds above eturd pro

5. mike007

mike007

Here is my layout for Thinkorswim platform. It is very customizable and has many great features for option trades such as the spread market depth, analyze page, and everything can be connected together in the platform.

BTW, i would like to see some of the other Swimmers platform setups that they have. MTE, or dmo if you guys use TOS.