best options strat for newbee starting with 3k

Discussion in 'Options' started by regardspratik, Mar 22, 2013.

1. I HAVE TO, with 3k, I dotn have too many options, unless I start looking the stocks with price less than 10 to reduce my risk. cuz even the straddle or x-mas trees tht ppl have talked about, I can use those as I can only sell put with cash secured. so all those other strat with more than 2 options leg wont work for me.

#31     Mar 26, 2013
  2. don't waste your money on stock options- the index is safest-you'll get killed with stocks,as they can move ±5% in a day and whiplash you so fast you cannot react.
    Stocks are a pure punt- a gamble.

#32     Mar 26, 2013
  3. sonoma

sonoma

How many trades have you done in those 2 yrs? What approach have you taken with those trades? I would not put your hard-earned money at risk until you have a consistent approach to trading options, even in a demo account.

#33     Mar 26, 2013
  4. on an avg i used to do 3-4 diff trades. ALL short term (1-2) months. the prob I always had (as Put_Master said), i got the direction right jst not the timing. its a bit frustrating.

That is why I cam here to find out what should I do and what stock should I play with.

#34     Mar 27, 2013
  5. sonoma

sonoma

Not really what I'm asking. For now, my advice is to stick with some additional reading and demo trading until you can clearly define your approach to trading. When you're consistently making fake money, then it's time to put real cash at risk. There is no answer to your comment "That is why I came here ...." until you've got some more experience.

#35     Mar 27, 2013