best options strat for newbee starting with 3k

Discussion in 'Options' started by regardspratik, Mar 22, 2013.

1. fri, mar 29 is a holiday, market closed, could be a slow week, might want to watch any profit closely and be ready to take it.

#11     Mar 24, 2013
  2. Thanks guys for all of the great remarks.

@ putmaster. I am going to print your 1st commnet to remind me of it :) thnx a bunch.

I dont think optionshouse is giving us the mini-options. I really wanted to do tht for appl. I wish i can get in it. I bought few stocks already, but i know options are the way to go FOR SURE.

#12     Mar 25, 2013
  3. do you guys have any stocks and strat you guys use often and makes may be 5-8% per position?

thanks

#13     Mar 25, 2013
  4. I only trade the index-european style,and sell spreads and ratio spreads,Xmas trees too

#14     Mar 25, 2013
  5. You need to talk to a member here who goes by the handle "fantome" (among others). He makes thousands of percent on every trade he makes and has absolutely never made a bad call.

#15     Mar 25, 2013
  6. The Mini options?

#16     Mar 25, 2013
  7. no, tht is a virtual/practice account.

#17     Mar 25, 2013
  8. xmas trees?

#18     Mar 25, 2013
  9. Making or losing 30% in options (trading spreads) is nothing. The trick is to ensure that the 20% or 30% loss that you are willing to accept represents a small fraction of your account, and the winners are larger than the losers. I typically look at a loss representing 1% or less, but with 3K you might need to accept a higher percentage.

I suggest you look at trading symbols like QQQ or SPY where long butterfly spreads can be established with $90 - $150 debit. By extension, that would mean stocks that trade at values in the range of QQQ and SPY, though I suggest you start with indices.

#20     Mar 25, 2013