Best Options Exchange (Poll)

Discussion in 'Options' started by luh3417, Feb 10, 2006.

Best options exchange?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2006.
  1. AMEX

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. BOX

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. CBOE

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. ISE

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  5. PHLX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. PSE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All the same

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Hoi

Hoi

Yes IB...but you have to be a non-USA inhabitant..(because the SEC does not allow it....just another strange-rule...{only serves the income of the USA marketmakers}).

luckily I'm Dutch...:)

#11     Feb 12, 2006
  2. luh3417

luh3417

Its the "golden rule"... The people with the gold make the rules!

I'm a US citizen but residing in Asia. I'll see if that is acceptable to the market makers and the SEC...

#12     Feb 12, 2006
  3. Hoi

Hoi

Then I would try KOSPI (Korea)...it's the biggest on the Globe.

#13     Feb 12, 2006
  4. def

def Sponsor

Hoi, just to set the record straight.... Kospi does great volumes but there model is far from the best. Volume is heavily concentrated in the front month - even on expiry day. There are rules on how you place/update order which in the end prevents liquid markets longer term and in the past, not all participants had equal access. The lack of RFQ is fine when a market is liquid, however, they have failed miserably without a market maker model or incentives in the equity stock options and other products where the screens are completely blank.

Hong Kong and Australian equities have a good model. Yes, they have market makers but they have no protection. All a market maker gets is fee incentives and some additional throughput in return for responding an placing continuous quotes on the screen. Pricing is based on price time priority.

#14     Feb 12, 2006
  5. Hoi

Hoi

Ahh...thank you for the correction...and good to hear that HongKong and Australia are ok...

I must admit I have my info about Kospi mostly from "hearsay"...I did some test trades on the Kospi-front-month and they traded like a Futures-market (so really well)...but did not look at the other months.

About LIFFE-FTA..I'm very sure it works really great, and because it is such a big success, they will roll out the Amsterdam-model to the other EURONEXT-markets (like France) soon.

#15     Feb 12, 2006