best options broker

Discussion in 'Options' started by hollowpoint, Jul 11, 2007.

1. I found it a bit of ball-ache too, but its worth hammering away at, the penny will drop sooner or later. TOS is very user friendly, but not as customisable as IB.
    The range of products and commisions with IB makes it a no-brainer.

I was worried about losing my beloved TOS analytics, but just get a hold of something like Optionstar or Hoadley's tools and you'll be flying.

#21     Jul 12, 2007
  2. Opra

Opra

One important factor to consider is, w/ TOS you can do spreads in IRA accts whereas w/ IB, your short leg has to be cash secured.

I've accts w/ both. IB's commission can't be beat for retail traders. Plus there is no assignment/exercise fee. But if I have to decide on one of these two, I would go w/ TOS for its ease of use, analytics tools and friendly service.

#22     Jul 12, 2007
  3. Johno

Johno

Hi,
    First time post. Does anybody trade the FTSE 100 Futures Options.We get slaughtered on commissions in Australia, so I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction if anybody knows of a cost effective brokerage that can be used to trade Spreads online.

Best Regards
    Johno

#23     Jul 14, 2007
  4. Thinkorswim is amazing.

#24     Jul 17, 2007
  5. nassau

nassau

I believe Berkeley UK in London would be able to assist you or Berkeley's Bahamas.

#25     Jul 17, 2007
  6. sharrig

sharrig

#26     Jul 17, 2007
  7. mde2004

mde2004

IB IS BEST.

#27     Jul 17, 2007
  8. just21

just21

www.interactivebrokers.com can trade australian and uk options.

#28     Jul 17, 2007