Best options broker?

Discussion in 'Options' started by torntech.com, Jun 29, 2002.

1. NortT

NortT

#61     Jun 7, 2012
  2. http://www.eoption.com/broker_comparison.html

someone mentioned eoptions.. I am impressed with their commissons.

i trade 20 . ( short strangles) ie. sell the put and call at the same time and close it EOD.

i tthink they will serve my purpose...

how are they on execution, etc.. and I hope no cancellation fees.

I have used IB in the past- like them... but problem is . i may not do this month over month. so dont want to pay inactivity fees.

so if any0one has a recommendation for me..

shortlisted down to

1:eOptions
    2: trademonster
    3: optionshouse

#62     Jun 13, 2012
  3. I use OptionHouse, which I do not see mentioned here very often. I have only been trading Options for about 4 months and do not have experience with other brokers. So far happy with OH and their customer service....

I just went to the eOption web site and their commission structure is very good, better then I have. Could not see what their platform looks like or its functionality.
    So I called them up to ask about their platform.... told I had to open and account to see it... They did say I could see the platform before I fund my acct.
    I do not have the time to play that game, so I said good-bye.

Also am considering moving to IB.. better commissions then what I have now... I hear their platform is also not so user friendly, but their fills are very good. Looks like I can save about 50% on my commissons at IB. Maybe 100 contracts a month using credit spreads

Have not looked at Trade Monster....

#63     Jun 14, 2012
  4. I use eOptions, Optionshouse and AMTD (TOS) ~

eO has a beyond terrible website and their basic platform eOptionDirect is um very basic (crappy). What I don't like is you can't login on the website and the platform at the same time. Which would be a pain if you had multiple accounts - you'd have to logoff the platform to make a trade in an IRA.

I have talked to an eO VP though and he told me they're overhauling everything sometime in late 2012, but I'll believe that when I see it.

3$/.15 for options is nice though :) No extra fees for non-Professional users.

OH's platform "The New OH" is browser based (which I hate) but it's pretty customizable. 8$/.15 ain't too bad for options.

eO is a bit faster answering the phone, but how often do you call your broker anyway ?

TOS platform is by far and away the best, and I end up using all 3 platforms.

#64     Jun 14, 2012
  5. Not forex only.....For example BROCO - offer Forex, CFD, Futures, Stocks
    over 900 trading instruments....

#65     Jun 18, 2012