Best Option trading software

Discussion in 'Options' started by trader777, Apr 1, 2002.

1. I was looking at trading some options to hedge my futures positions. What is the best software for trading options? Anybody tried this method?

2. The spread will probably hurt you.

3. even someone who trades as well as me? LOL. Have you tried any similar methods that did work?

4. Yannis

Yannis

I have traded futures a lot, both day- and position-trades. I have also traded options, but never as a hedge, as you want to do. I do know that if corerctly done, it can be a valuable methodology, especially if faced with a limit-down situation.

A great little company with good products in this field is www.essextrading.com One of the owners who is particularly knowledgeable here is Jay Kaeppel. I would suggest you get ahold of him and ask some questions, read his book, etc.

Good luck :)

5. cartm

cartm

I use optionetics, but am looking around. Anyone use AIQ, Optionvue, or Essex. If so, whats your opinion of it compared to optionetics. Or whats your opinion of it in general?......btw I like optionetics, but there seems to be a lot out there, thanks for any input regarding this.........or any other option software I didn't mention.