Best option position for downside bias

Discussion in 'Options' started by TskTsk, Oct 27, 2012.

1. so what's your low volume low vol strategy?

#41     Oct 28, 2012
    #42     Oct 28, 2012
    #43     Oct 28, 2012
  4. I think im kinda dumb but i still trade options.......... ive never been good at trading direction.... I need to work on that... One thing i notice on et is everyone loves to call tops and bottoms... I hear thats where everyone is usually wrong.

#44     Oct 29, 2012
  5. yeah, I've never been goood at that, or even predicting direction up or down. I like trading. Let the predictors sit on the the sidelines and guess what they think it is going to do.

#45     Oct 29, 2012
  6. Fade any direction call by cnbc haha.. if you dont predict reversals or trends how do you trade? darts?

#46     Oct 29, 2012
  7. I'm not dogmatic about these things. I very often go with the consensus.

But you know, at some point you have to think, "They can't all be right all of the time"

That's when I fade

but it really doesn't matter if you are trading stocks, options futures or forex, we all have our little world and signals that we follow

the number one reason for failure is undercapitalization, and the number two reason isn't even worth talking about

If someone is under capitalized, they just haven't thought things through and don't have the common sense they were born with

with options and forex, there is just no reason to be undercapitialized

so there's really no excuse for failure

#47     Oct 29, 2012
  8. Forex frustrates me.. I just wanna give up and martingale when i trade forex.... Keep averaging down untill illiquid hah... i thought the solution to price going against you is to buy more....and or widen stops... hahah just measure range multiple by four and use that as a measurement to gauge your liquidit for martingaling... I should try that haha

#48     Oct 29, 2012
  9. I like you cd caveman

you never pretend to be something you are not

you're not afraid of hard physical work

and you have a very sharp mind

perfect candidate for substance abuse

I hope the trading works out for you

You're one of the few that I think really has what it takes

(which aint saying much, just another one who couldn't make it in the real world)

#49     Oct 29, 2012

10. Hahahaha.... your hilarious... so true...... I say I can't wake up in the mornings but who wants to be able to really... you know felons who can't get jobs usually start businesses :) Onassis is an interesting character... evedently he always slept in till 12...

#50     Oct 29, 2012