Best option position for downside bias

Discussion in 'Options' started by TskTsk, Oct 27, 2012.

1. mutluit

mutluit

Volume, yes of course, but of the underlying only.
    The scan params:

Sectors = All
    MktCap >= 5B
    Beta >= 2.0
    AvgVol >= 1M
    13w PriceChg% >= 3

BUT: then one has to handpick and analyze from the resulting list...
    One can also add some indicators., but for me it's enough when I just see the 1 y price chart.

#31     Oct 28, 2012
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Go slow. There is always tomorrow and new trading ideas. Usually when we are 99% sure, that 1% becomes more probable !!

#32     Oct 28, 2012
  3. mutluit

mutluit

Found 3 more: IBN HIG LNC

#33     Oct 28, 2012
  4. mutluit

mutluit

very true :)

#34     Oct 28, 2012
  5. mutluit

mutluit

Yeah, Sandy will hit NYC badly, guess where the big financial companies sit... :)

For the God-believing Americans: this storm was sent by God the Almighty to punish America for its sins, lies and war crimes... :)

#35     Oct 28, 2012
  6. your so conspiracy theorist

#36     Oct 28, 2012
  7. mutluit

mutluit

It's an opportunity to make profit from the Sandy storm: just short sell those east coast/NYC companies which will be hit hard, or buy put options....

#37     Oct 28, 2012
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

This is a good idea because the markets are open right now and no one else knows or will have any idea what the damage is to those companies before you.

#38     Oct 28, 2012
  9. mutluit

mutluit

One can trade via the Asian markets, and in about 8 hours also via the European markets, regarded one has accounts over there...
    For example here in Europe among many issuers the UBS bank sells many US options, I don't know if it's called OTC or if it's their "own ECN", but it seems so...

#39     Oct 28, 2012
  10. Volumes and vol will go down with everyone paralized in focus on this storm

#40     Oct 28, 2012