Best online Broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by UnFoRGiVeN, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Hey guys.
    I've been trading threw CitiBank from the beginning but I've decided i want a new Broker. The fact that they charge $25 a trade is turning me off, i could buy and sell for less than that with other brokers. I would also like to start shorting, I have enough experience now to start shorting, a broker with margin account would be good too.
    So my question to you is, which is the best online broker?
    No maintenance fees, plz.

Thanks in advance.
    Carl

2. Scottrade is a good place to start trading and if you have an account with 50K or more you get the Scottrade Elite software to use free. Like I said, it's a good place to start getting more active as a trader at $7/trade.

After you get more active, comfortable and your activity increases, you'll probably want to make the move to IB. The reason I wouldn't recommend IB straight out of the shoot is because their TWS isn't the most friendly platform for a new trader to use. Personally I use IB and love it, but started with Scottrade. Once you find $7 commissions cutting into your P/L you know it's time for deep discount.

Just my .02

3. Algorithm, thanks for those 2 cents :) !
    Anyone else?

4. Scottrade is also the cheapest of the online brokers. With Elite, you also get trade-ideas.com for free. I hear its pretty good.

cm69

5. ken__0

ken__0

6. For international/US brokers I know only IB. I would be very surprised if you'd be able to find a better one.

Ursa..