Best NY bars for Trader Groupies women??

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by tomcole, Sep 12, 2005.

1. tomcole

tomcole

Any ideas? Used to go to Monkey Bar in midtown, but that seems to have died down a bit.

2. Blue Oyster.

3. tomcole

tomcole

Where is that?

4. It's in areyoukidding?'s basement.

5. Trader groupies?

In my dim and addled memory, all I can recall were hopelessly hair-teased back-office secretaries from staten island hoping to hook up with a husband. Young ladies whos' poise and grace would key your car. Kinda like that movie, working girl. That was NOT a joke - that was reality.

My impression of them (not firsthand mind you. the good dr. doesn't stoop that low) was that they were... er, day-tradable. As in not to be held for a full overnight position.

You are joking about this, right?

6. yeayo

yeayo

7. traderdater.com... a hoot...

14 ShopGirlChicago
    ShopGirlChicago
    City: Chicago

My best trade: Dumping my ex-boyfriend to become single again! more »

8. btw there are statistics floating around that there are only a few thousand professional traders in the world (or was it the US?) but based on this dating site, elitetrader, and the thousands and thousands of attendences at workshops/shows/etc... as well as the hundreds of trading blogs i estimate it to be at least the dozen thousands... any comments?

9. TGregg

TGregg

When you walk in, make sure you yell "This is my first time, and I'm ready for some hard lovin!" :D

10. tomcole

tomcole

Gold diggers can be a lot of fun - they're always available on short notice, know the best bars and look good. Of course, if you want to talk about anything beyond a third grade level, its impossible. But sometimes, you feel like going to Burger King and not a 4 star place.

Monkey Bar on 53/54 th in Manhattan used to get these vulture women who knew exactl;y when bonus' came out, who made what and knew more about which firms were doing well and which werent. They gave a new meaning to the term 'head hunter'.

Just wondering where the new breed of these women went to.

#10     Sep 13, 2005