Best news site for list of upgrades and downgrades for pre-market filters

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, May 15, 2012.

1. Daal

Daal

I've found Briefing.com stock lists incomplete, yahoo, google and thestreet.com also miss a stock upgrade and downgrade here and there and it gets very costly when they do. What are some other sites?

2. emg

emg

[​IMG]

if u want the best news site, u should become an insider

[​IMG]

3. Surdo

Surdo

The Fly on The Wall is worthwhile if you can not afford Bloomberg.
    Are you new?:D

4. jnbadger

jnbadger

I'd be interested as well. I'm also getting a little frustrated with briefing.

But just to add, our group's programmer used to send a list of news stocks to all of us every day. But he used to go to at least 5 different sites to make the list. He said it was because they ALL missed a couple of different things every day which the other sites would pick up.

I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a truly comprehensive site to go to every day.

5. jnbadger

jnbadger

emg, shut the fuck up.

6. Bob111

Bob111

fly is the best what we can get on our retail level. briefing is always late(at least they are when i compared them while ago) and it's not really their specialty.

7. Daal

Daal

I'm using fly on the wall and its decent for the price. Yet its lagging the price action in the stocks by at least 1 minute for news during market hours.
    Does anyone have experience with QuoteCenter?It supposed to deliver Reuters news in real-time
    http://www.equis.com/products/realtime/quotecenter/?overview

8. Bob111

Bob111

Daal..you have to understand one thing-regardless to what you subscribe or how much you pay-on retail level you have no choice to be 'first', before everybody else. if you analyze all the data-you will find that move almost always precedes the news.

9. Daal

Daal

Not trying to be the first. Just want to minimize the lag for a reasonable price(BBGT is out of the question)

10. Bob111

Bob111

i see no info whatsoever about upgrades\downgrades on your link above. and if you check yahoo for example(they do provide news from reuters)-the main source for upgrades\downgrades info is either briefing or fly.

you can probably ask them what type of news Thompson \reuters provide and let us know about the outcome. i'm pretty sure it's just basic market news. not even some stock\corporate events related.

#10     May 16, 2012