Best news service?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by illiquid, May 6, 2005.

1. I didn't see your message before. Sorry for the late reply.

I dealt with Christina directly. They have a 30 day notice policy which is not stated any where. Christina was out for a couple of weeks, but she was back when I wrote my message above. I must say that dealing with anyone from NTKN since Andy left has been completely disappointing. It was obvious that the ship will sink.

I would take steps now with your credit card to block charges from Need To Know News for the amount you normally get billed. The charge will then be refused as long as they try to authorize the exact amount.

I have filed with my credit card to dispute a couple of months of charges to recoup the difference between the overcharge for 7 months and the amount I was supposed to pay.

The only great thing left with NTKN was Dennis reporting from DC. Even he has gone down hill this past week.

I'm happy so far with my decision to go with TTN at a discount. If you want to sign up there and get my rate, I would be happy to forward my coupon code to you. I don't benefit from anyone using it.

Take care.

PS: If you cancel, be sure to send them an email with a return receipt requiring a reply confirming that they cancelled. This will be key for further disputes thru your credit card.

#41     Dec 25, 2006
  2. I'm not sure how this would work. I get the audio feed and you can hear the gov't official counting down to the number, so I'm not sure how he is passing it to JED first. The countdown of the gov't employee coincides with the countdown on my computer clock with is accurate to 50 ms.

Maybe you are referring to a text feed service I wasn't aware of? Not sure.

#42     Dec 25, 2006
  3. yeah dennis is the main reason why i still use NTKN. he sounds fairly timely and usually mentions all the important stuff.

#43     Dec 25, 2006
  4. Did you listen to him during the auction release last week? At 11 AM ET, I quote from memory, "Uhhh....uhhh...ummmm.... well that's it folks...."

That is all he had to say for the auction release. Very strange... like he was getting a hummer while reporting (LOL). But yes, he is the reason why I continued to be patient with NTKN for the last 5 months or so while they continue to slide. I seriously don't need to pay a subscription for someone to read a quoteboard to me. Their equities coverage is ridiculous and I love the part where they come on and say, "this came out 45 minutes ago, but Pfizer...." Well guess what, if you are going to report something that came out 45 mins ago, then don't bother.. I don't want to hear it.. I can read it in the paper tomorrow. :D

Useless and very disappointing after the effort I put into getting them to really refine their service for professionals. The current management is a disgrace to the word poor and I don't expect them to be around much longer.

Good trading and a happy new year to all.

#44     Dec 25, 2006
  5. Allstoned

LOL, that doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard about the straight to JED text feed also. I thought it was pretty dodgy before when Need to Know was owned by Allston. Still you've got to hand it to Harada - news straight to his trading pc, no stops, no detours, no pesky news distribution - pure gold.

#45     Dec 25, 2006
  6. ArcaX

ArcaX

How can the other Newswires allow that??? It basically makes them all useless. They can\'t get the info to customers faster then these JED guys can get it directly.

#46     Dec 29, 2006
  7. i used NTKN for a year and - apart from the figures from the lock up (i dunno if they are getting them first or not but the market sure moves a lot earlier than it used to) - they are TERRIBLE. i changed to using Ransquawk on a free trial in dec 2006 and although they could do with sounding more animated sometimes, overall they are much much better and FASTER!!! i only thought i should post this so that others dont waste the money i did in 2006 on those jokers at NTKN!!!

happy new year!

#47     Jan 3, 2007
  8. belmondo

belmondo

Hello TF71,
    I have read your post about TTN. The service looks good and since english is not my native language I appreciate text mode. My question, I'm looking only for economic data such as FOMC, ISM, core CPI, PPI, etc. So is TTN worth of money or will newsstrike do the same but for free of charge?
    Thank you

#48     Jan 3, 2007
  9. NewsStrike is doing the same. They are fairly quick. So if you are on a budget, you might try to get them to list you. I don't know if they are taking more people or not. TTN so far has been very consistent and on time.

If you decide to go with TTN, try to use the coupon I provided so you can save 30%.

#49     Jan 3, 2007
  10. belmondo

belmondo

TF71
    so for my purposes is Credit/FX Headlines TTN Global Macro Headlines $39.99/month enough? that would be fine
    I suppose that this include all economic data

#50     Jan 3, 2007