Best news service?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by illiquid, May 6, 2005.

1. Thanks for the reply but I don't think it will add too much to be honest as have no interest in equities apart from if there is a big move in the overall index and already get research on fx from most of the major banks.

#31     May 16, 2005
  2. #32     May 21, 2005
  3. As a follow up on my comments about NTKN as an audio news service, I want to state that have cancelled the service. It has deteriorated from the time I recommended it earlier in this thread.

I am now using Trade The News again. They have new futures and credit/FX coverage by Greg who was the news reader who made NTKN worth listening to. If you are interested in TTN, then you can do a trial and subscribe using coupon code MA0701 to pay 30% less.

Just to be clear, I provide this comment as a service to ET. I don't benefit from offering my discount to you guys. I still have and like NewsStrike for equities coverage.

Good luck.

#33     Dec 13, 2006
  4. I'm not sure how to make this more clear, but....

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO "TRADE THE NEWS".

That service is AWFUL. Eric, Greg, or anyone else just plain SUCK. They never read out individual stock news until MINUTES after it hit all the other wires.

"Fade" the news is the only reason to subscribe to that dogshit service.

I'm not sure what is going on with this site lately, but I can't believe how often people are here talking positive about AWFUL scumbags like Cramer, Trade The News, Waxie, etc, etc, etc....

WTF?

#34     Dec 14, 2006
  5. Longhorns,

It is ALL in how you use the news. For futures and numbers, the service is excellent. It is like any indicator, setup or tool, it is in how you use it and not the tool itself most often.

I'm running a room and I'm very objective and critical of every service that gets my dime, so this is why I made the post because I wanted to follow up. You might hate it, but others might want to try and if they subscribe then they can get it for less than if they just walked in off the street.

Cheers!

#35     Dec 14, 2006
  6. Longhorns- do you suggest anything else?

i kinda think TTN is ok at best.

the new kid needs to shut the fuck up about the algerian oil minister when important shit is going on

#36     Dec 14, 2006
  7. well sometimes the algerian oil minister says crazy stuff like, "we are going to reduce output by 50% for the rest of the year". if you trade crude or oil stocks, you don't want to miss out on that sort of news.

#37     Dec 14, 2006
    #38     Dec 14, 2006
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

How and when did you cancel your NTKN service? How much notice did you give. I attempted to cancel mine on the 16th of November by sending emails and leaving messages (Heaven forbid they'd ever want to answer their f..ing phone). I received an email near the end of November saying their acctng dept will take care of it.

I wasn't very surprised when my card was charged again on the 4th of Dec. But hey, at least I received another email from them stating that their accounting dept will take care of it. I also received a message from someone stating that their cusomer service person was out of the office and would get back to me. Nothing since.

It might be time to get a different debit card.

#39     Dec 14, 2006

10. Yeah, I agree NTKN has gone straight downhill. Its basically just a front now. The guy at Marex told me how the NTKN reporter in the governement lockups - Dennis still squawks out the breaking releases from the lockups but he also sends the numbers elecronically directly to the owner's trading firm JED Capital!! The electronic feed doesn't even go to NTKN, just directly to JED Capital. So corrupt. JED Capital basically has a someone in the governement lockups - now that’s trading the news.

#40     Dec 25, 2006