Best news service?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by illiquid, May 6, 2005.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

While we are on the topic, who would you say is the best for UNEXPECTED breaking news (like MRK's Fosomax news). For example, when a drug is pulled mid market day, who would be the best at getting that out? Or when a stock split is announced midday? (like when TASR's split was announced midday last year)

This could be either audio or text, just whoever is faster. Any opinions on that?

Cash

#21     May 9, 2005
  2. Bullet

Bullet

Briefing is way to slow for active traders. NTKN is probably the best service for the money (for equities).

Good luck.

#22     May 9, 2005
  3. reg

reg

John Ogg's Trade The News would do the job. It's an audio service.

#23     May 9, 2005
  4. Bullet

Bullet

I used to use Trade the News, but they charge a fortune and provide the exact same service as their competitor charging 1/4 the price.....But to be honest, I have yet to find a news service that I am really satisfied with. I left Trade The News because they were too slow on key releases and were missing breaking stories.
    Bloomy is the only thing I really like, but its expensive and take time to read..

Good Luck

#24     May 9, 2005
  5. 40Deuce

40Deuce

USAToday.com alerts . . . and its free!

#25     May 9, 2005
  6. backman

backman

GOOG used to have a feature that would provide alerts based on key words or stock symbols....
    so if i were interested in TASR or momentum stocks moving on earthquakes, for example, i could put in a list and get email alerts....not as fast or refined as a "pay for" service, but more info than i could possibly trade on.....similar to flyonthewall, in some ways

backman

#26     May 9, 2005
  7. Thanks all for the tips -- anyone actually have bloomberg terminal setup at home? Just wishing out loud.

#27     May 9, 2005
  8. We work with a firm that provides real time news, rumors and information throughout the day, also they provide daily and intra day upgrades/downgrades and morning summaries about anything and everything associated with the market. If you are interested PM me and I will refer you to the site...

They use a chatroom kind of delivery system so you get the info as soon as they do... As of now has been working very well .. They offer a 2 week free trial so it is worth the shot...

#28     May 16, 2005
  9. What time zones do they cover?

Is it mainly equity based stories, macro economic, fixed income or fx?

#29     May 16, 2005
  10. What time zone do they cover?

Is it mainly equity based stories, macro economic, fixed income or fx?

The offices are located in NY and CT they are equity based stories also macro calls. They have up to the minute information on all equity names. Also, give market views on macro calls from all trading desks and economists.

If you want to try it out PM me.

#30     May 16, 2005