Best multi-monitor PC's for day trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hirsi1, Aug 23, 2011.

1. AFAIK, you can't just buy any video card - it must be supported by the motherboard (e.g. you can't buy a cheap off the shelf cpu and buy a top of the line card). pls correct me if i'm wrong.

#11     Sep 1, 2011
  2. Generally... any new CPU and new video card you buy today will be compatible. There are likely only a few exceptions. (In the past, there have been exceptions... which the makers might have resolved.)

Normally anyone who is buying a cheap CPU isn't primarily interested in gaming and wouldn't benefit much from a "top of the line" video card. And even if such buyer is a gamer, the hardware has a 99% chance of being compatible anyway.

#12     Sep 1, 2011
  3. can't tell if you're joking...
    what trading platforms are compatible with mac?

#13     Sep 1, 2011
  4. bonchi07

bonchi07

I am sure it was a joke. You cannot trade on a mac.

#14     Sep 1, 2011
  5. I agree with winston. Square monitors are easier to set up. Vid cards are the last place to spend a bundle. Get something cheap off ebay.

#15     Sep 1, 2011
  6. Where have you ever seen a "square" monitor??

#16     Sep 1, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

it doesn't matter..i would worry more about trading system(if you have any) than PC. i'm using old, cheap,home made dual core PC with 5 years old monitor for my daytrading(10-200 transactions each day). it's more than enough for me.
    i can put one more cheap 10-15$ nvidia nvs card and have 4 monitors on same PC, but what for?
    +1 on LED monitors..less heat,more efficient

#17     Sep 1, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Op, take a look through some of the threads here about multi monitor trading hardware. There are numerous threads on this topic.

Tikitrader even built a setup with pictures every step of the way.

#18     Sep 1, 2011
  9. Why not?

#19     Sep 1, 2011
  10. I've traded with a Mac using ThinkorSwim (now TDAmeritrade) for a few years.
    They upgrade the software for both Mac and Windows.

#20     Sep 3, 2011