Best multi-monitor PC's for day trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hirsi1, Aug 23, 2011.

1. hirsi1

hirsi1

I want to be able to use 3 or 4 monitors. Pls give specs. Also need laptop to use as backup.

How much bandwidth is enough?

Which monitors would you buy? Thanks.

2. what is your budget?

I'm still a fan of square monitors. I'd look for some 19" or 20" square monitors, throw them on a DS100 ergotron stand and attach a computer to it.

Video cards are dirt cheap these days - litterally you can buy very good dual monitor cards for <$10.

PCs are like anything else - the sky is the limit and totally depends on your budget.

3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

1920x1080 is the only thing you should buy. Best bang for your buck. Next in line would be a 2560x1440. I don't think a 2560x1600 is available in LED, which leads me to:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BUT LED BACKLIT!!!! I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees with this, whoever does sucks and is wrong, and I bet they are losing money in their portfolio.

4. Where can one find these "very good dual monitor cards" for <$10?

5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Under ten bucks? How cheap are you? Buy a dual monitor plety good for grainy at $90-$110. Or buy a six port for $200 and buy six 1080's for $300 total. Check out the six monitor arms on eBay.

6. buy a 27" imac + 27" mac monitor.

7. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

^-- not a bad idea, although I believe more than two 27"'s would be nice, and the prices on the PC's for this sort of thing cannot be beat. Six (min) 1080p's, or four-six Apple 27" would work fantastic. Work is love, remember that ;)

8. apple monitors are overpriced overkill for financial apps, do you see pros using them?..NO

9. bonchi07

bonchi07

Asus has a brand new 23 inch Led Backlit model...Its only been out 2 weeks
    I got them from Eddie Z here http://tradingcomputersnow.com/monitors/
    Gorgeous colors and 50,000,000 to 1 contrast

#10     Aug 31, 2011