Best movie on global warming scam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tresor, Oct 7, 2009.

1. due to a horrible internet connection, I could only watch the first 10 minutes, which took 30 minutes to download. I had to give up. In any event, if you don't include sun baked polar bears in the first five minutes of a climate change/global warming discussion, I won't tolerate much more.

This man clearly doesn't fully understand the importance of the polar bears' plight.

#11     Oct 7, 2009
  2. maxpi

maxpi

In the 1920's there was an article in Scientific American about the melting ice and the plight of Polar Bears !! The ice comes and goes continually, somehow the bears have done fine up until now.. I doubt a person as uninformed and opinionated as yourself will be able to say the same....

#12     Oct 7, 2009
  3. Tresor

Tresor

There is something about polar bears in the guys presentation, which indeed shows the person has little compassion for polar bears. It goes like this:

''Gore says a scientific study shows that polar bears are being killed swimming long distances to find ice that has melted away because of global warming. They are not. The study, by Monnett & Gleason (2005), mentioned just four dead bears. They had died in an exceptional storm, with high winds and waves in the Beaufort Sea. The amount of sea ice in the Beaufort Sea has grown over the past 30 years. A report for the World Wide Fund for Nature shows that polar bears, which are warm-blooded, have grown in numbers where temperature has increased, and have become fewer where temperature has fallen. Polar bears evolved from brown bears 200,000 years ago, and survived the last interglacial period, when global temperature was 5 degrees Celsius warmer than the present and there was probably no Arctic ice-cap at all. The real threat to polar bears is not global warming but hunting. In 1940, there were just 5,000 polar bears worldwide. Now that hunting is controlled, there are 25,000.''

#13     Oct 7, 2009

4. Thank you for that.

This has what it has become ... trading forensic evidence about polar bear deaths in the most harsh environment on the planet.

Yes, I'm renewing my subscription to the Onion, the only true news source.

#14     Oct 7, 2009
  5. Tresor

Tresor

I hope your internet can handle this.

#15     Oct 7, 2009

6. I'm in a hotel ... I'm at the mercy of the capitalist pig hoteliers

what we need is universal internet connectivity

that, or i could choose a different hotel.. tougher to choose a new federal tyranny

#16     Oct 7, 2009
  7. #17     Oct 8, 2009
  8. Tresor

Tresor

Excellent stuff. Thanks :)

#18     Oct 8, 2009