Best move for Republicans to make?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I respect AAA's political observations and comments as much as anyone else here. He knows a lot more about the topic than I do.

But I'm thinking I'd like to see the Reps just step aside. Don't assist Obama and his liberal whores. Just don't obstruct them. Let the chips fall where they may.

Not that it really matters what I think they should do. The RNC certainly hasn't been paying any attention to voters like me recently.

#21     Nov 12, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

I think the Republican party needs to hire a competent public relations company and defend their positions through trickery just like the democraps do.

#22     Nov 12, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Nice to see that the election resolved all the issues among the people.

#23     Nov 12, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

<big>LOL</big>

#24     Nov 12, 2012
  5. The Captain makes an interesting point - neither side wants to take all the blame when things go wrong, but neither side wants to be left out of any credit when things go right. It is the most chicken-shit stance to take, which is why they take it.

The issue is that you would have to believe that the business cycle and global economic situation is still going to be crap over the next 4 years. Even though it will be nobody in D.C. who is responsible for the eventual global/domestic improvements, like any good group of egomaniacs, they want to be there to take credit for it.

So it comes down to the 2nd choice - do you want to be left out of any credit for the natural healing cycle of the economy?

I don't believe the following story about the U.S. actually becoming energy independent (through fracking, nat gas, and conservation), but if even some of it is true, it would add a tailwind to any recovery in the next 4 years.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...bia-energy-production-iea-says-170907660.html

If the economy shows improvement, the GOP will risk being the permanent outsiders to "recovery" (because that is the way it will be sold).

#25     Nov 12, 2012

6. just as it should be.

#26     Nov 12, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You sure stay drunk a lot.

#27     Nov 12, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

According to a truck driver, who was raped as an alter boy?

#28     Nov 12, 2012
  9. Who said he was raped?

#29     Nov 12, 2012