Best Money Management Sources

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by skrilla, May 15, 2002.

1. sharper

sharper

Robert,

Thanks for the explaination, but the article from the paper was not a rumor. If the story was not correct, let me know. From what you wrote also, it was, though written from the plaintiffs side of it. More information could have been known also, but both your dad and his lawyer could not be reached for comment. There was only one side to tell then.

#31     May 16, 2002
  2. sharper

sharper

btw,

I've hooked up with a couple of friends who are finding me great real estate deals. They take capital upfront though and most of my money is already tied up in some properties.

If I can show you a real estate deal that can be flipped in 30 days for a 20% profit on your investment would you be interested?

#32     May 18, 2002
  3. Sharper

why are you posting this on Best Money Management Sources?

A little bit off topic don't you think.???

Looks like a post on my message board I did recently You trying to aim this at me? LOL thanks

Well everyone since he posted this I 'll explain my post. I've got a few friends who are flipping real estate right now and doing quite well. Market in California is still red hot. Hey....my condo in I in Solana Beach is just about double what I paid for it a few years ago.

Anyhow I'm a trader and I'll trade anything I can make a profit with. I won't limit myself with stocks.

I know though it's better in Real Estate to use leverage or Other People's Money. Before writing my business plan on real estate I needed to test how much interest I would have. I had plenty of responses. So I know if I really work on it what I can do.
    Thanks everyone who responded

Now this topic was on money management so let's get it back on track.

Robert

#33     May 19, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Seriously!

#34     May 19, 2002
  5. NKNY

NKNY

Why can't I find software to help in position size and trade management. allot of written material but no real time software...
    Skip the real time , anything, delayed ...just software to aid in this .

#35     May 20, 2002
  6. Kymar

Kymar

www.rinafinancial.com

pretty much exclusively for those who are a) committed to system trading and b) well enough funded to shell out for some pretty expensive software.

they also operate the

www.tradestationzone.com

website

THE REAL HOLY GRAIL, an anthology
    that you can find at

www.Tradersgalleria.com

sums up and gives examples of several basic, practical approaches to money management

#36     May 20, 2002
  7. #37     May 20, 2002
  8. nqtrader

nqtrader

Try Excel. IMHO you should not just take Fixed Fraction, Fixed Ratio or any other published method and apply it to your trading. You need to do some research of your own and develop a variation of an anti-martingale methods to fit your trading style/expectation/method/result... I found this out the hard way. :(

And you can forget about optimal-f and the Kelly formula... that's not real life.

#38     May 20, 2002
  9. nqtrader

nqtrader

#39     May 20, 2002
  10. I've found new books,charts, and old books more helpful than the news. Watch all of them.

Edwin Lefevre''was trained as a mining engineer''. Did you read that emerald green mine article about North Carolina in 2002 Readers Digest???????????????????????????[64k per carot,question]

Better than that did you see that time frame chart,page 60, in one of Dr.Van Tharp 's book?????.Extreme top time frame is '' 7 days.''Extreme bottom time frame is '5 seconds''

To paraphrase Dr. Tharp,never risk the whole[green] emerald mine. Humbling thought, Dr. Tharp wrote better than Edwin on that one.

#40     May 20, 2002