Best mainstream broker for options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Oct 5, 2006.

1. didnt u luv 'em? now poison? whuttzup

#41     Oct 5, 2006
  2. j/k. I still prefer otm flies, or wide wing buys simply for regT reduction on the short combo. I'm not a big fan of neutral flies in a 10-VIX environment.

#42     Oct 5, 2006
  3. TOS isn't that cheap if you trade 10 or more contracts. Am I missing something?

"For Option orders, you pay the lesser of $2.95 per contract OR $1.50 per contract plus $9.95 (only one $9.95 charge for unlimited spread legs)."

#43     Oct 6, 2006
  4. #44     Oct 6, 2006
  5. Does TOS sell cars on the side? Oh no, just seminars on googolplex-legged spreads and how to CANSLIM. Gotta pay for that sh*t somehow.

#45     Oct 6, 2006
  6. Playing less than 10 contracts is no bargain either. I'm not a TOS customer, but paying a $9.95 minimum hurts if you do a lot of small lots.

Don

#46     Oct 6, 2006
  7. blk

blk

If you're trading options, TOS is the best - no doubt about that. Great service, excellent platform, they do everything they possibly can. Wonder why some of these guys here are negative about TOS. As long as they care for the customer, anyday TOS.

I used to trade with IB before and got only completely crummy service (if at all there was any). They dont fix trouble tickets or help customers. They specialize in "specializing in nothing" as someone here called it. They've got way too many products and are trying to be all things to everybody which is not a good idea.

#47     Oct 6, 2006
  8. I'm with TOS and OX. So far, TOS is by far the better of the two in terms of service, order placement and trading platform.
    daddy's boy

#48     Oct 6, 2006