Best mainstream broker for options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Releasing butterfly poison

You shouldn't be trading those anyway.

#31     Oct 5, 2006
  2. It would be great if IB do introduce CPM but it does seem a little early for that. All they say is:

"IB Comments: We believe, that rule based margins will be replaced by portfolio margins by Nov."

Either way, it's got to be an improvement.

#32     Oct 5, 2006

3. Greatest impact will be for the sub 20 delta wing sellers.

#33     Oct 5, 2006
  4. For whatever it's worth, IB claims they fixed this problem on 9/12/06. Here was the original "feature request", which was followed with a "fixed" message from IB.

"Calculate margin requirements for Broken Wing Butterflies based on the actual risk, not as two trades (debit spread + credit spread). 370/360/340 (1/2/1 ratio) is only $10 max risk (therefore margin), not $20."

I have no idea if this is the problem you were referring to, but I just stumbled across it on their web site.

#34     Oct 5, 2006
  5. ssmegner

ssmegner

[Hijacking thread]
    Anyone attending Traders Expo in Vegas in Nov? If so we should hook.

#35     Oct 5, 2006
  6. Thanks, good to know. It was a long standing grumble with some traders I know and seemed like a trivial software fix (don't they all). I don't trade them myself Riskarb will be glad to know; the embedded extra OTM short vertical in the position is not to my liking.

#36     Oct 5, 2006

7. I will try to make it; an excuse to get a room at Red Rock and Wynn. We should meet at the Spearmint Rhino.

http://www.redrocklasvegas.com/spa/index.php

#37     Oct 5, 2006
  8. lol

Hope your other hand doesn't find out! :p

#38     Oct 5, 2006
  9. stereo70

stereo70

Is this original material? LMFAO :D

#39     Oct 5, 2006

10. Let's be sure to bump any new developments from rule to risk margining.

#40     Oct 5, 2006