Best Live TRADING ROOM?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by KiwiRoo, Jul 14, 2007.

1. KiwiRoo

KiwiRoo

I knew this would happen!! Criticisms after criticisms without any useful information!!! And what more? OFF topic posts!!! This is why I specifically request for those that are NOT members of a trading room NOT TO POST!

In my vague attempt to get this thread back on topic “LIVE TRADING ROOM”! Here we go.

As I have stated on my very first post, I have been trialing the room at thetradingauthority for one week. They then sent me an offer to join them for an extended week (all free of charge). I really enjoyed my experience there in the room. Todd Brown, the traders mentor teaches me a lot of thing while I’m in the room. He profound on trading psychology which I’ve believes it be of significance important topic in trading, profitable trading that is. The live video is excellent as you are able to see Todd’s trade setup live as he speaks. I have further discovered that Todd have about 6 trade setups under his sleeve to suits individual trader’s style of trading (you will them learn by taking the 6 months course, which I’ve intended to take). One particular technique Todd uses is certainly something to learn. That is the combine used of Gartley patterns and the Fibonacci retracement. In short, the experience there was educational and certainly enjoyable. The live calls were made with an attainable profit targets and the stop loss are at a livable level. Approximately 2 points scalpers with 2 points stop loss on the ES, with scaling technique for money/risk management. (Overall they are statistically profitable and this is what important).

Ok, I have also trialed the live room at LBR Group. They’re text based chat room with live video of various set up (different tick/timeframe etc). From my experience as a novice, I did not find it as educational as thetradingauthority. And when the market were flat (not much action), there were not many messages from Linda/Chris, actually not too many messages through out the day (I was there for only 3 days so could not say further). However, the open chat room is full of experienced traders calling out of their own trades which I found GREAT. You can learn a lot of the members there alone. Therefore it came to my conclusion that LBR Group is designed for more advance traders. The trader’s community in the room I found was friendly and always willing to help each other. A definite enjoyable - chat, observe and learn of each others while you trade, type of service. I would definitely join them once I become a master trader!!

I have decided not to trial other live chat room services at this stage based on my experienced at LBR Group. That is, I personally did not enjoy the text based chat room. I would have missed a lot of live calls while I concentrate analyzing charts! And for Pure tick, although voice and text based, I have decided not to trial their service based on the trade strategy they employs which I believe won’t fit into my risk profile. I made the assumption observation of the chat logs, which is mostly scalping 3 points on the DOW with 15 points stop loss.

I’m also happy to announce a new premium room service at livewithoscar.com. I have been following his daily video and he is certainly enjoyable to watch. The live trading room is in a construction stage at the moment and hopefully will be in operation by tomorrow. This may be too late for me as I am most likely to join Todd at thetradingauthority. I cannot give further review on Oscar’s live room service at this stage as they’re not yet available.

I hope my post would be of useful to some extent for other novice traders like myself - looking for help to start off their career as a trader. I would also like to ask the others to stop the crap talking about one another. Please start a new thread for that, it has been a waste of my time and energy in the past on searching and looking for relevant information but search returns were nothing but negative judgments and energy drainers. Hence I started this thread, so please don’t let this turns into another thread of selected targets of destruction.

Best of luck!

KiwiRoo. :)

#31     Jul 22, 2007
  2. monti1a

monti1a

Great thread...KiwiRoo-

This has the potential to be one of the biggest and most valuable threads on ET if people can simply stay on track......and help one another ferret out the scam artists in the trading education business......and there are lots of b@#$!^s rooms out there....

I'll share my epxeriences with LBRgroup..I'm certainly not calling her scam....but her room is pretty awful...only allowing 3 days for a trial....I took it...and didn't see anything of value there at LBR..and on top of that I had to pay $10......However, she must be a good trader since she was profiled in Market Wizards......

#32     Sep 22, 2007
  3. Roger from FeltonTrading.com is very good in his hotComm room..I go to his room on occasion for trading the index futures. Roger stays on subject during the trade day and does not drift off into lengthy political or other garbage conversations like other rooms that I stopped going to.

#33     Sep 30, 2007
  4. Why are you "happy to announce" Oscar? We already have a couple of shills bouncing around here pumping the con man. Do a search, and you will start getting the idea that some of us were given our walking papers when we started to doubt his results. We had our posts deleted, and were called people with 'an agenda.' I wouldn't trade monopoly money with him.

#34     Sep 30, 2007
  5. I went to FeltonTrading.com. No track record. No independent monitoring. No broker statements offered or available. No transcripts of past trades. In other words, why is he afraid to let people see if it even works??? These are generally signs of systems that don't work.

No one should be expected to "trust me." We know over 95% of these systems don't work. It is up to the VENDOR to prove it works.

A 5-day trial, which is meaningless. 30 days is a min test of a system's value

#35     Sep 30, 2007
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

If you liked authority then you should enjoy eminimaster, their setups are quite similar so it comes down to which personality you are more comfortable with.

#36     Sep 30, 2007
  7. pt199

pt199

I have been following mIRC daytraders recently and there are several good traders that type their futs calls. One does the YM and the other fellow does the ER and ES. The ER is too volitile for me so I stay away from that but the best part its free and nobody is pushing you to buy some grossly over priced schooling!

I have more experiences with chats both free and paid that i will share later.

#37     Sep 30, 2007
  8. So you totally missed that Felton DOES have a recap of everydays trades (and past trades) and he DOES have transcripts available. Anyhow it was very simple for me to see the first day I did a free trial that the method works, and very well in fact. My gosh, if it takes you 30 days to figure out if something works or not that sounds pretty scarry to me.

As far as review time goes, I sold an automated trading system to a trading entity and they watched the system trade for 1 hour before they decided to buy it..trading methods either work or they don't, and it should not take a lot of time to determine that imo.

Your generalizations are incorrect of your "non-evaluation" of Felton Trading..I have been here at ET for several years and I have traded plenty long enough to know what does and does not work..Felton's system works.

#38     Sep 30, 2007
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

For newbie, 30 days is nowhere nearly enough. For experience trader 5 days is enough time to verify room trade records against his own trades in order to make decision. So it's vary by how much experience you have. Then there is matter of room style vs trader style, in general 5 days is too short of a time, imho.

#39     Sep 30, 2007
  10. I agree, if you are a newbie then who knows how long it could take. I have seen several people in the Felton room for well over a week to evaluate everything. Roger is definitely the type that works with a persons due diligence needs from what I have seen.

#40     Sep 30, 2007