Best Live TRADING ROOM?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by KiwiRoo, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Still not getting it..but that is OK. I disagree with aspects of your beliefs. BTW, Roger is testing a wide range of time frames for each instrument..so far so good with 89 tick up to 15 and 30 minute at similar 1:1 trade management.

I love this debate though..great ideas all! :)

#151     Oct 26, 2007
  2. <i>"Still not getting it..but that is OK. I disagree with aspects of your beliefs. BTW, Roger is testing a wide range of time frames for each instrument..so far so good with 89 tick up to 15 and 30 minute at similar 1:1 trade management."</i>

Here's what we aren't getting. Performance is posted inside several threads for automated (mechanical) "otto" system trading per ER and ES. On its face, what is presented by verbiage and pictures makes it appear that working systems are in latter stages of development.

So far, so good.

We also read where said systems will be offered to clients, to the public, thru broker arrangements, some way or another. Right?

For that to happen, the system writers need to pick a timeframe of charts and trade them with real money. That creates the system track record. Whether it's 89 tick, 3min, 15min... no one cares. Pick the parameters, enjoy positive results <b> and then offer those parameters to the public</b>.

Following me? Good :>)

If several systems are created using varied time frames, long-term results may average out roughly the same. But, like tossing three quarters at once, individual results will vary thru the distribution curve.

A 3min system may be hot one week, whereas 15min may lag. That creates client issues you would then learn about soon enough.

So, if it's to be a purely automated affair, someone has to assign black & white rules to the process. That includes specific time frame, entry - exit - stop management rules.

If there is more than one timeframe, you then have multiple "sister" systems.

In any event, I do wish the best in this process. It's all just speculation until real money is traded for a minimum of three months, six would be better. Until then it's amusing speculation... nothing replaces real-money results.

#152     Oct 26, 2007
  3. No...it will be offered as mentioned many times before, as a "signals on charts" system. It is not a leased out automated system for clients to trade their funds through a broker. A user of the system can set their charts to whatever time frame or market, and all the same automated rules will be in affect and the signals will appear on their screen with a suggested exit (depending on what market is traded). That is how Roger is going to use it.."signals on charts" realtime.

I followed it today for several trades in the ER2 and I did very good.

#153     Oct 26, 2007
  4. This thread has actually been an interesting read, despite the possibiity of it initially tanking as so many of them do, it has preserved the OP's original idea and presented an interesting option to many reader of ET.
    According to how I am reading it, what TradeStar is saying is that this is a trading application that:
    a) generates a signal, at which point the trader
    b) enters a trade based on that signal

It is not automated in terms of actually executing the trade itself, it is just automated when it comes to actually generating a signal. The trader must then "push a button" and execute the trade ... depending on the application used and the "type" of trade taken, the trader may have to actually close the trade as well (jeez that's a lot of work! :p ).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Good trading,

JJ

#154     Oct 26, 2007
  5. JJ, you are correct!!!

The candles change their shade of color as a potential set-up becomes possible (telling you to stand by..or strategy alert). Once the exact methodology criteria are met, the signal will tell you to BUY or SELL at the closing of the candlestick price. An indication will appear to signify what was the exact entry type (BD..Basic Div, ED..Extended Div, HD..Hidden Div, etc). Roger has said he wants his methodology "signal rating system" of each signal included in the programming, so that will be incorporated into the signals at a second revision.

I do know that having to actually place the trade myself will be too hard so this is not fair...LOL! :D

#155     Oct 26, 2007
  6. fireflyer

fireflyer

#156     Dec 20, 2010
  7. fireflyer

fireflyer

#157     Jun 8, 2011
  8. frank1234

frank1234

#158     Aug 1, 2011