Best live trading room on the net?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TradingDollars, Dec 5, 2014.

1. #41     Jul 7, 2015
  2. If anyone here has the livetraders PTS course, PM me please...

#42     Jul 7, 2015
  3. tandh

tandh

Anyway, not trying to be an annoying basher. Just trying to make a point, which has been validated, that it is impossible to know if the traders at said website are actually profitable traders. I happen to find that to be a very important piece of information.

#43     Jul 7, 2015
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

I haven't been in touch with him for quite a while, but it appears he's still involved in the markets:

http://www.stocksaints.com/1401/about_us

#44     Jul 7, 2015
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I doubt it's the same guy. Unless he's a complete loon.

Either way, the content is sound: if you can't see the guy's chart along with his entries, management, and exits, "ChartTrader"-style, then you're in the wrong place or looking for the wrong thing. Or both.

#45     Jul 7, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Ed Abreu, same guy. I thought he appeared legit too till I investigated his posted trade logs and things didn't make sense at all. Later I read that thread at BMT. Very sad.

Normally, a day trading guru will teach some sort of method. If you look at the trades on a chart there's some sort of logic to it if the trader's legit. As a beginner in a chat room, I was able to watch Geez trade day in and day out. He called his trades in advance based on a certain tactic. Robert Weinstein did the same. He had a method and he didn't cheat even if price came within a tick of a fill. I also had the chance to follow PABuster's trading for a while via Skype and I totally understood what he was doing (advanced price action concepts not too different from some of the stuff I was doing). In all these cases, I understood their methods. There were rules and logic to the trades.

Now, when I looked at the trade logs from Ed's site, there was no consistent logic to the trades. Sometimes risk was very small, sometimes way too large. Entries made no sense at all. That seemed really, really weird to me.

#46     Jul 7, 2015
    777 and JefeTrader like this.

7. ND,

Can I email you? I tried to PM you but it seems your PM's are off.....

#47     Jul 7, 2015
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I sent you a message.

#48     Jul 7, 2015
  9. Maggoo

Maggoo

Thank you to dbphoenix for his great post.

'why do you need a trade room?'I trade on my own futures and stocks and I do not come in chatroom to look for alerts (ready to use trades) but we always need to learn, to improve and ... to benchmark.

LIVETRADERS vs WARRIOR

dbphoenix's criteria :

'Number one - You must be able to see the moderating trader’s charts in real time.' : Livetraders.net = YES vs WARRIOR = YES for day-trade NO for swing

'Number two - You must be able to see the trades entered in real time either through the moderator’s order dom or chart trader or some method where it is apparent that the trade was entered, filled, and managed.' : Livetraders.net = YES vs WARRIOR = NO

'Number three - You must be able to follow the trades, or at least most of them. This issue gets a bit difficult in a fast market and may need some adjusting.' : Livetraders.net = YES vs WARRIOR = NO

About WARRIOR : primarily interested in the swing, I have a mixed review. Swing-trades are announced after the facts ; either you have to chase or you will be filled at the entry point with more chance to be in a losing trade.

I find, after all, the list of potential swing qualitatively worthwhile but I am no longer subscribed because the criteria interest me more than the resulting list.

About LIVETRADERS : everything is transparent, no doubt about what these guys show.

You must keep in mind that the sizes of their positions are significant and there are several simultaneous at the beginning of the session
    ex : yesterday on July,13 - 9:40am 6 open trades = 670k - 9:45am 5 open trades = 780k !

Interested by their PTS course but I will not put 1,5k in
    I continue to do my homework every day with all my materials (I have many), charts, my software (MC) and my little brain !

Have a great week ;)

#49     Jul 14, 2015
  10. Ken Busch

Ken Busch

Hey Blaze, I wanted to thank you for the tip on these guys. I attended the free open house and signed up. They are legit and not outrageously priced. They also seem like good guys. Thanks again.

#50     Jul 25, 2015