Best Laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spinn, Nov 10, 2008.

1. moo

moo

The Asus EEE PC 1000 is just perfect for trading. Especially if you ever have to do any trading outside your home/office.

#31     Nov 18, 2008
  2. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

I, personally would never use one for trading. Too damn slow. Other Asus laptops are baller, but not the eee pc. Gateways just have too many issues out of the box, anything from the wireless to the lcd. Toshiba's notorious for overheating. HP's aren't that bad. The new ones are actually really nice. Dells are pretty reliable. But my choices would be Macbook Pro and either Asus (not the Eee) or Sony for windows based. Everyone has their own personal opinion. My opinions come from working on all these on a daily basis.

#32     Nov 19, 2008
  3. spinn

spinn

I ended up ordering a 17" Dell Inspiron.

It was a little under $600, refurbished with a one year warranty, purchased from Dell.

As a side note......I have no idea why so many of you need these insane systems to trade. I just run Ensign, TWS and my current 8 year old PC handles it just fine.

What kind of crazy methods do you all use that is eating up all of these computers?

#33     Nov 19, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Why would you buy a used computer for the price of a BRAND NEW ONE?
    Do you buy used shoes or underware as well?

Good trading,

surdo

#34     Nov 19, 2008

5. your rig is the extension of your penis. The better it is the more extension you need. :D

Just like old guys driving corvettes, same concept different style of execution.

just my 3c.

#35     Nov 19, 2008
  6. spinn

spinn

This machine sells new for $1500-$1700.

#36     Nov 19, 2008
  7. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

You ask on why would traders need "insane" computers and then you buy a $1500-$1700 Dell for $600??? I'd like to see the specs because a $1500 Dell would qualify as an "insane" computer.

#37     Nov 19, 2008
  8. I don't think he realises that refurbished means: "a lemon, with some hard to pin down issues and hence returned in the 30 day no questions asked period" and if they discover that it is after the 30 day return period then they'll finish up on eBait. (or is it oBoy)

M

#38     Nov 20, 2008
  9. Surdo

Surdo

I hope you trade better than you shop!
    You can buy a BRAND new Dell Inspiron for under $700, and BTW is not top of the line DELL.

I also noticed Inspiron does not make a 17" machine, so it may not even be an actual DELL!

#39     Nov 20, 2008