Best Laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spinn, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Lenovo (former IBM) are the best PCs, hands down.

#11     Nov 12, 2008
  2. If you want to stay under 1k, a good deal is a Dell w/core 2 duo, 17" for $749.

If you want to go really cheap, over at MicroCenter they had an Acer 15.4" dual core, 1M Ram for only $379.

#12     Nov 13, 2008
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Take a look at The Toshiba Satellite's.
    No need to go nuts on a laptop.

I am very happy with mine, lightening fast and cost me $650 including tax, shipping.

BUY.com has a bunch at competitive prices.

#13     Nov 13, 2008
  4. say it once and again...a $499 compaq is just fine...very serious...that is what I trade with and all you need...no joking here

#14     Nov 13, 2008
  5. Agreed. Unless you plan to drive multiple monitors, keep you hard drive busy or enjoy gaming while trading, a cheap non-emachine laptop is all you need. Just make sure the ram surpasses the OS+platform+chart requirements. If on Vista, turn off all indexing. Also, do not schedule maintenance or antivirus scans during trading hours.

I trade on a laptop and would never go back to being stuck to an office. The beach chair/biz class airline/deck swing is a much nicer desk. :D

#15     Nov 13, 2008
  6. Shaqi

Shaqi

Toshiba Satellite Pro - Intel 2GHz, Ram 2MB, 17" HD Screen , Harman/Kardon sound system

#16     Nov 13, 2008
  7. and listen to gemantrader...he throws 1000 cars at the ES (per his other posting)...he is a serious trading dude...

#17     Nov 13, 2008
  8. More serious some days than others. Hard not to be serious when your wife wants another vacation with you and the kids. If a trader needs more than a laptop to trade, his systems are far too complex to trade reliably day-to-day. Been there, won't go back. Use alerts for crying out loud, no need to ruin your eyes on a wall of monitors after your systems are designed and tested.

And that is up to 1000 cars, Mr. IN. Believe it or don't. Doesn't cost me either way. :cool:

#18     Nov 13, 2008
  9. I do believe you totally...I just think it is amazing...I dream of being able to do that one day...

#19     Nov 13, 2008
  10. Opra

Opra

Anyone knows a laptop (15" or 17") with a DVI to hook up a second high res monitor? TIA

#20     Nov 13, 2008