Best island or place to trade from?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Johan, Nov 20, 2010.

1. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/thai-visas-for-americans.html

The above link is the "official" information, but I know that if when you get to Thailand and get a good Thai lawyer then anything is possible. The Thai lawyers know the ins and outs of the system and have connections. So if you want to stay for an extended period of time without Visa issues then you might be able to...

My advice would be to hang around a bar/hotel, like the Secrets, and talk with the owner there. I believe he is available on the message boards. An American who owns a business and lives there can give you the skinny on avoiding visa issues and may refer you to a good Thai lawyer.

#61     Nov 24, 2010
  2. 4re

4re

I split my time between Texas and the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize. In Belize they are on the same time zone as Denver and they do not tax the money you make in the States. Cost of living is higher on the islands than if you bought a place on the mainland but it is still lower than any major city in the U.S. Residency is easy to obtain as long as you live there at least 6 months out of the year.

Texas is great to but then again I am biased because I am a born and bread Texan. Give it a chance you might just like it yourself.

#62     Nov 24, 2010
  3. 4re

4re

I meant to say I am a born and bred Texan, not a bread Texan. I saw that and almost died laughing.

#63     Nov 24, 2010
  4. LOL, Texas toast came to my mind when i read it

#64     Nov 24, 2010
  5. eh? Large Muslim population? I wouldn't call 3,5% large.
    I live in Belgium at the moment. It is quiet. The only walloons and flemish that are at each other's neck are politicians.

#65     Nov 25, 2010
  6. I have been eating the 3 course menus for 25 euros in the many many cosy restaurants in the small streets. Staying in very reasonably priced rented appartments. Drinking the excellent Chateau Le Minuty for 40E a bottle at Café De Paris. Having Loup De Mer for lunch at Golf D'Azur Beach, which is admittely 30 euros but the tastiest dish ever and even would be a steal at 50 euros. I think you can get value for money if you try. I have spend 2 weeks in the summer there for the seventeenth time this year, and I still love it, and even discover new things from time to time. I had lunch here: http://www.lessalins.com/restaurant.html for the first time. Look at that view. Super.

#66     Nov 25, 2010

7. Well, i really want to move to florida, but if you research a bit on the web about people considering moving there, you will see that a lot of folks in south florida are getting the hell out. I guess the main reason is crime and a terrible economy.

It might still be ok, but seeing so many people having reservations and a fairly significant exodus out of there at the very least has to give one pause.

That, and I am a little concerned about how miserably hot it is there during the summer. Maybe if i could swing living there only part of the year it would be a better option.

As far as texas goes, i've lived in both San Antonio and Houston. Houston is one of the most god-awful places on the planet. Terrible weather year round, horrific humidity, sprawl to a point you would believe it, you feel like you are living in one giant strip mall due to the lack of zoning. I spent a long, long two years there and wouldn't ever want to go back.

san antonio was OK, but pretty damn boring. Still, better than houston.

Austin, on the other hand, was pretty awesome..i've also heard good things about dallas but havent spent much time there...

#67     Nov 25, 2010
  8. South Florida , mainly Miami is overrun by haitians and Latinos. Only 10% of population is white. School quality reflects demografics.
    It just depends where you are now in your life. if you want quiet safe coastal town, there is plenty of those noth of Palm beach.

#68     Nov 25, 2010
  9. #69     Nov 25, 2010
  10. anarcho

anarcho

Freeways on top of freeways, crossing over freeways. Thick soupy air all year round mixed with the white noise of freeways. A downtown core with zero pedestrians. The glorious town of Houston.

#70     Nov 25, 2010