Best island or place to trade from?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Johan, Nov 20, 2010.

1. F'in A'.

#51     Nov 24, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

have u ever been to Thailand?
    why speak about an entire country?
    are there not places in the UK or US that u wouldn't want to live?
    low taxes in Belgium? yes for some sectors.
    quiet? with a large moslem population it is not exactly quiet. with the flemish and french at each other necks at any moment it is also not.

bottom line your judgment is not be trusted.

#52     Nov 24, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

I understand Belgium has zero capital gains tax. For people who appear to the taxman as an investor, zero rate can't be matched.

"Quiet"... Brussels certainly feels like a smaller, "provincial" city compared to London, New-York or Paris despite being the "capital of Europe". Maybe part of the perception of "quiet" is because Belgians use public transport: not so many cars in the streets. Bars seem to allow children. I read Belgian schools are good. As a tourist I would have no idea about possible unrest.

Edit: An interesting flavour of the national character is in the basement of National Basilica of the Sacred Heart (which is a working Roman Catholic church) beer is served and in the evenings runs a cabaret.

#53     Nov 24, 2010
  4. Sorry, meant to say Pattaya. Very much enjoyed my time in Thailand. Beautiful country, lots of friendly people.

About Belgium: why speak about an entire country? :) Plenty of quiet places to live to be found, despite political issues.

#54     Nov 24, 2010
  5. zdreg

zdreg

your assessment is correct. I was familiar with zero tax rate with added the caveat. that is why I said low tax rate for some sectors.

#55     Nov 24, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

exactly. I should have mentioned that ,

#56     Nov 24, 2010
  7. haha dublin. pick up a newspaper buddy. low taxes will be history any day now.

#57     Nov 24, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

As a St Tropez area resident in the summer, I wonder where you have been. The cheapest beer is around 8 EUR, restaurant around 30 and hotel 150, not to mention the 26 EUR Coke at the "Caves du Roy". I am getting tired of this place, even with all the ( incredibly beautiful ) girls.

Go to Biarritz/Hossegor instead. At least you can surf in the day and not just hang around with some Pakistani millionaire' son who haven't ever worked in his life and find it cool to spend 5k on bottles per night...

#58     Nov 24, 2010
  9. How about Bulgaria? It's a small country in Southeast Europe, a stable democracy now part of the EU, with nice beaches and mountains, and low costs of living. If I understand correctly, it has one of the lowest income taxes in EU - only 10% and this would apply to capital gains as well. Nice climate as well, it's on the same latitude as South France, but on the Black Sea :cool:

#59     Nov 24, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UGIAsNizMHs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UGIAsNizMHs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I understand.

#60     Nov 24, 2010