Best island or place to trade from?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Johan, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Good topic.

I'm considering a move to the Asian region. What are good family-friendly, tax-friendly places? Any experiences with Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai?

In Europe I can recommend Belgium (quiet and family-friendly, low taxes), Netherlands (no.1 in UN happy kids index, not sure about taxes) and the beautiful Switzerland.

BTW, if you have a wife, or even family, I recommend forgetting about crazy places like Thailand.

#41     Nov 24, 2010
  2. The best place to trade from is the one whose social & political culture, and range of available activities and facilities, best matches your values and interests.

#42     Nov 24, 2010
  3. emg

emg

new york city. new york city has fiber optics and tons of traders.

#43     Nov 24, 2010
  4. Humpy

Humpy

***** is the perfect destination, whether you're after romance, rejuvenation or adventure. A genuine, natural landscape of gorgeous palm-fringed beaches, miles of unspoiled rainforest and the majestic ***** Mountains, are sure to indulge every taste. Natural waterfalls, breath-taking views, friendly locals and authentic culture impress the most travelled individuals for a holiday with lasting memories.

The perfection of this escape should be shared. Tropical weather, welcoming accommodations, and unexpected adventures await all who travel to this paradise island. Romance can be found at upmarket resorts and intimate inns. Bask together under the Caribbean sun, sail into a champagne sunset, and cuddle beneath the vast starry sky. Discover new romance and re-spark old love over a candlelight dinner on a secluded beach.

For those planning a family getaway, you too can visit *****. Enjoy on-site water parks, kids' menus and evening entertainment for everyone. Adventure seekers can surf and sail in the pristine waters. ATV adventures and rainforest zip-lining are family favourites. Relaxation isn't far off either with many resorts offering kids' activities so parents can enjoy a cocktail, a quiet hour together, or a couple's massage. Grab the kids, your partner and your sunscreen; this is a family holiday that everyone will enjoy.

Sorry guys I had to block out the name of this getaway paradise or you all would be there by the next plane. I do so hate to step over people to get to the water's edge

:p

#44     Nov 24, 2010
  5. Humpy

Humpy

Here is a pic

#45     Nov 24, 2010
  6. LOL at your last sentence!

What misgivings did your research turn up about Florida? And what did you hate about Texas?

#46     Nov 24, 2010
  7. Adventure vs safety is a classic tradeoff. Most interesting places have a bit of risk.

Is there any good countryside around Austin where you can get away from things and do some interesting outdoor stuff?

#47     Nov 24, 2010
  8. Colocate at a US based brokerage... live on a yacht traveling the world.
    Seychelles, Maldives, Fiji doesn't matter.. enjoy a new view everyday.

If taxes are an issue setup a trading trust company in Seychelles...

#48     Nov 24, 2010
  9. Cmon RDT, you can be straight with us. How much did you have to bribe them to drop the charges? :D

#49     Nov 24, 2010
  10. Effectively you are being bribed to be a slave or a hermit in many of those places. Also, don't forget that taxes actually pay for things, like relatively uncorrupt police, judges, jury trials, and a military that can actually protect the country - not all of it goes on welfare. It's like the people who move to Saudi to make 6 figures tax-free in the oil industry. You're basically accepting being a well-paid serf in exchange for the loss of your dignity and liberties. Fuck that shit - keep on rocking in the free world.

#50     Nov 24, 2010