Best island or place to trade from?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Johan, Nov 20, 2010.

1. They be richer than us'ns. We be just jumped-up trailer trash.

#101     Dec 7, 2010
  2. 4re

4re

Tell me about it. I am in Lewisville.

#102     Dec 7, 2010
  3. Picaso

Picaso

Malta:

Very conservative (not saying that's good or bad).

Nice weather April-October, but cold (& humid) the rest of the year.

Feels really small.

Diving is ok, but can't compare to tropical reefs.

Cyprus: no idea :D - I guess you mean the "Greek" side, anyway.

#103     Dec 7, 2010
  4. Sorry to embarrass you. Which trailer park you live in?

#104     Dec 7, 2010
  5. 4re

4re

LOL, it sucks seeing Lewisville go that way. That is part of the reason I live in Belize 6 months out of the year. At least I am not getting much change going from one to the other.

#105     Dec 7, 2010
  6. d08

d08

Few seem to talk about the most important part which is taxes. I'm very interested in Cyprus and Malta myself but their tax structure seems to be slightly complicated. PROS: excellent weather all year, beaches, reasonable real estate prices, taxes?, English an official language in Malta. CONS: Small islands both of them, small population means the country can be politically volatile.
    Bulgaria is becoming attractive with it's 10% rate but can't go far with only English there and the local mob is very strong and will probably slap you with an "unofficial tax".
    Hong Kong is nice but the real estate is out of control, same goes for Singapore.

#106     Jan 28, 2011
  7. Chill out Chuck. You need a reality check. Your data isn't updated anymore. Things have changed in Belgium in the last 10 years. We had a 10% population increase only by regulating illegal immigrants.

I would say, beers at Thursday in the Vuurmolen ?

#107     Mar 1, 2011
  8. beers on thursday is ok

#108     Mar 1, 2011
  9. Butterball

Butterball

I know first hand there are a number of wealthy people living on their yacht getting busted by tax authorities around the world every year.

If you anchor in a certain jurisdiction for a little too long that jurisdiction may not accept whatever corporate shell structure you have setup for your trading and find you liable for personal taxes in their local jurisdiction and simply put a lien on your boat until you pay up.

I agree it sounds great to travel around the world on your boat and pay zero taxes but I advise anyone pondering the idea to get first class tax advice before trying this.

#109     Mar 1, 2011
  10. No one seems bother about time zones.

What about Cape Town in South Africa? You can trade europe and us during the day/afternoon. It's cheap and very nice in the area south of the city along the atlantic ocean. Feels more like europe than africa.

I'm considering Cape Town on a 3 month trail basis.

#110     Mar 1, 2011