Best Investment Book of All Time

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Southampton, Dec 9, 2016.

1. tony goes directly to the source to find these insights. Proven succesful traders and investors tell him how it really is. U may not like what you read. In fact, i know you will not like it because the truth hurts. But for those of you who want the truth, it's contained in this book.

MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom

2. Lol. There are a lot of great books on investing. Why do you think that this one is the best?

3. kent

kent

And this is the same guy who wrote a book on marriage but he got divorced? And he and his followers who went on a firewalk and few of them had to be to taken for burn injuries?

4. It's the best because he interviews many ultra succesful money managers and distills the wisdom. These are the words of the top people on earth on the subject, not tony robbins thoughts.

Stuff that's working now. Not ancient stuff from market wizards which is great reading for history but pretty useless application wise.

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

William Green's "The Great Minds of Investing"

Southampton likes this.
  6. comagnum

comagnum

Stuff that's working now. Not ancient stuff from market wizards which is great reading for history but pretty useless application wise.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

The Market Wizards is about the trading psychology - and it has not changed at all because humans have not changed how they behave in the markets. There are plenty of the original wizards still trading and having outstanding performance. I use books written in the 30's that applies today just as it did in the 20's. Tony Robins recommends using investment advisors and likes fixed income annuities.

My favorite:

Diary of a Commodity trader.
    Peter Brandt (Multi decade ROR 42%, deepest drawdown 8%)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Handle123 likes this.

8. Make no mistake. Market wizards 1 & 2 -are great books but dated. Money masters is an investment book. Not a trading book

9. Market psychology and speculation seems to be constant while the technology changes. I'm not sure that there is any one book that is the best but I am currently reading >the daily trading coach(psychology) written by a Mr. Steenbarger. So far I like it. As long as I get make a new habit that allows for fewer damaging losses I am satisfied with the book that I am reading.

10. Steenbarger is the real deal. He was hired by a MAJOR hedge fund, and I have seen him in "action" working with a famous speculator--- you picked a good book!

#10     Dec 9, 2016
    tommcginnis likes this.