Best intraday software for tapereading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by the_dude, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Hi,

Simple request for you tapereaders out there - which software package is best for interpreting intraday T&S?

I really suck at tapereading, so I'm not going to list the things that I THINK I'm looking for.

Thanks guys,
    -dude

PS - If anyone wants to share any tapereading tips as well for NYSE, I'd be very thankful. IM me if it's easier for you via email, chat, whatever...

2. uhh...

specifically -

color coded uptick/downtick

filter both bid/ask/print acc to size but separately - i.e. all prints within a certain size, but all bids and offers regardless of size

i want to be able to see if last print is at bid, at offer, or somewhere in-between without having to look to see what bid/offer were at that time

3. QCharts does that.

4. Qcharts doesn't specifically say "Trade at Ask" - or "Trade inside spread" - this is what I want.

Maybe I have to write app for this.

5. spieler

spieler

qcharts does say that but it is a color code in the T&S

6. Okay, how about this for a simpler request:

Each sale with the spread at the time next to it.

Example-

Time Price Size BBid BBid Size Bask BAsk Size
    11:51:30 35.91 1,000 35.91 2,000 35.95 400

(All I want to see is the sale price & size, but with the spread posted alongside it at the TIME of that sale; not what the current bid/ask is).

7. Ouch!

Apparently my spacing was "adjusted" by ET...

8. tom_p

tom_p

To get figures to align, enclose them in [*code*] and [*/code*], without the asterisks. You still may have to play around a little, but at least it allows for tabular presentation.

eg.
    Code:
                        1             2             3
                      12.5          13.3          14.2