Best indicators ?????????????

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Humpy, Jan 18, 2010.

1. price and time. you wouldn't believe how long it took me to get here. :)

#21     Jan 19, 2010
  2. Hopefully, you realized you should have deleted this vacuous response, but you did not do so within the 30 minute ET deadline...

#22     Jan 19, 2010
  3. Back when I used indicators I would plot the 14 period RSI, followed by a stochastic plot of the rsi. The stochastic plot will react often when the rsi is pegged, and that, along with significant highs and lows is one of the better ways to trade.

Another one is take a CCI(14) and plot a SMA(7) of the CCI. When the SMA breaks against the CCI, start looking for good bar to get in on.

#23     Jan 19, 2010
  4. CCI is based on the difference between SMA and price of which the SMA is based on price.....

now you are lagging the CCI by adding an additional SMA on a 2nd or 3rd derivative of price.

You think this has some value in trading the market? Sounds pretty far fetched to me.

#24     Jan 19, 2010
  5. No.Heat

No.Heat

Best indicator believe it or not is in your head.

After you watch a particular trading instrument long enough you should be able to tell with a certain degree above randomness if its strong weak or sleeping on that particular day then trade it accordingly.

No Heat

#25     Jan 19, 2010
  6. A pic is worth a thousand words. Made an error btw, it has been awhile since I used charts, but this was pretty good for me.

CCI(14), EMA(cci(14)),7;

• cci.gif
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
    #26     Jan 19, 2010
  7. For me, some numbers are worth a thousand and ONE pictures. :)

If you want to define exactly what you mean by the entries I will code the strategy and post the result on a basket of markets.

#27     Jan 19, 2010
  8. This thread was about indicators. U are asking for a system, which i cannot give to u.

Account size, and trader temperament account for 98% of a system.

The OP asked for indicators that can lead the market. I provided one set, there are many sets.

Better would be for u to use YOUR entry and exit methods and code for success.

I will give one hint. U have to be aggressive on a trending market AND control risk.

#28     Jan 19, 2010
  9. I have my own methods. I was just trying to show others the results from your indicator. I was actually going to use my own exit methods, position sizer, etc (all used in live trading).

I do not wish to ruin this thread anymore. Best of luck with the indicators!

#29     Jan 19, 2010
  10. It is incumbent to the traders development that they develop their own strategies and use due diligence. As this is a market place for ideas, caveat emptor, of course.

Thank u for offering:)

#30     Jan 19, 2010