Best IB Server to be on?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by wizardx, Jul 10, 2005.

1. wizardx

wizardx

If a person is located in Europe but trades U.S. stocks, should he connect to the U.S. server or the Europe server?

2. I'm wondering the same thing.

3. If you trade US exclusively, then US server is best for you.

4. I trade 50/50 German euro stoxx 50 & US S&P ES.

If I change to the swiss server, will TWS shut down at midnight my time or midnight US time?

5. stupid question. How do you change servers?

6. In both cases you might be better with the European Server.

1. IB has high speed links between servers.

2. IB has more problems in the US than anywhere else.

3. They changed the way things work so that even if you hosted of HK when you were placing orders on USA you connect to the US server. (this could be wrong --- I know you get your data from the US but I am not certain that your order goes to the US server).

7. I've read that you have to call and ask. I'll let you know, I'm going to ask to change to the European (Swiss) servers.

Kiwi - thanks for the info. If all goes well I'll be trading more eurex so that I'll have a more normal 9-5 job. So I'm going to try the european server. I'm not sure I'll notice a difference, I trade mostly 1 contract on futures and I use market orders. :)

8. Tums

Tums

the change is usually done over the weekend.

9. Please let us know how it went.

I'm also trading from Europe but mainly trading US Futures. I believe I'm on the US server.

10. Tums

Tums

You should first do a ping of your current server, write down the latency time so that you can do a comparison after you switch.

#10     Apr 23, 2008