best Genesis platform

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by perkindiafrawl, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm about to code an ATS using Genesis ' API.

Is there a requirement that it be a Windows app? Could I write it using the gcc compiler for Linux?

If so, any recommendations of one over the other?

thanks

2. Are you serious writing some application to work with Genesis API? Do you know their API and able to programm it? I know one guy who is writing some apps with Genesis API, if you are quite advanced programmer and can give something in exchange than I can tell him your contact details...

3. Yes, I'm going to program with their API. It doesn't look that bad to me. But getting started is a pain. They don't have much documentation.

If you want to put me in touch with this guy, that's cool. If not, I don't have anything to offer you.

thanks,

4. rdm239

rdm239

I can program in tradesense....I'll sign an nda if you want. PM me if interested.

roy

5. Yeah, I know. I tried that first, but the program kept crashing on me. I couldn't even import a simple esignal data set without it crashing. So, I abandoned that idea fast.

6. Yes, we have a lot of negative feedback regarding eSignal plugin. The problem is that eSignal supoprt says that their Desktop API doesn't support .NET 2.0 ... :mad: perhaps the guy who wrote it for eSignal has left the building ...

Genesis is much better supported and we have good relationships with their developers and management.