Best Futures Intraday Charting Programme

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jjf, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Tresor

Tresor

A nice hobby indeed. And a helpful one (and for free) for those who trade via Interactive Brokers.

I tried IB's demo platform a year ago for a day and trashed it because I didn't like it. Your platform may become an alternative for some people.

Once again, congrats on your altruistic work / hobby !!!

#11     Feb 9, 2010
  2. Tresor,

thanks for the compliments :) If you need any help or looking for some functions please let me know - I will try to help. Lots of functions were already implemented, but they are hard to find without manual ;(

#12     Feb 10, 2010
  3. norin

norin

@trailingstop3

I looked to your software and it's very promising (fast, lot of indicators, good ideas...). :cool:

But the lack of documentation is a bit of a problem for me...

Is it possible with tradeproject to write a function/indic able to export 1 min bar quote in real time for differents future at a time (in csv files, one for each instrument/symbol)?

#13     Mar 17, 2010
  4. Hi norin,
    Thanks for your compliments - always good to hear that TP is useful for someone :) I know the problem with the documentation and I already started to fix that: documentation, manual and online-help is already in work and will be available soon. If you have special question you can always contact me directly by mail or skype, whatever you like best.
    Right now I add the support for iqfeed and a FIX interface so that you have a choice of feeds and later also brokers. Furthermore I added a new indicator/strategy-wizard to make it much easier to start your own indicators and strategies that can help you to do what you want. But anyway, if I understand correct what you want to do then I can do such an indicator for you - if you agree? Please give me time until I released the new version.
    If you have more questions or any other remarks let me know.

Daniel

#14     Mar 17, 2010
  5. norin

norin

Thank You Daniel

I will wait for the documentation to try and do what i need (it should be simple?).

If you have a few time left i can mail you the tiny spec in order to know if it's feasable.

:cool:

#15     Mar 17, 2010
  6. #16     Mar 17, 2010
  7. If I did not know better I would say you two guys set this little exchange up to promote your product.

#17     Mar 17, 2010
  8. Gee I guess you forgot to look here.

http://www.elitetrader.com/so/

#18     Mar 17, 2010
  9. Oh thank you! well just email me! This is great looks promising blah blah blah. You guys are as fake as they come, bunch of hucksters trying to peddle something.

Just come out and say....HEY I HAVE THIS PRODUCT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON TRY IT OUT SEE IF YOU LIKE IT.

THANKS

Buy know you have to come here with your dog and pony show.

#19     Mar 17, 2010
  10. norin

norin

Fattburger, you're completely wrong!

I have a special need and i'm looking for a software able to fullfill this need.

And TP seems to be able to do it (Daniel, its creator, is checking, i just emailed him my question).

I didn't know him nor TP since recently for TP, and today for Daniel.

So, when a guy is friendly enough to try and help another, it's not very smart to post such a dum comment.

Endly, I have written a indicator in NT to do what i need, but NT is heavy and has a lot of trouble getting the quotes from IB and managing demanding indicators (specially when you launch it, it freezes very often). So it's not the right solution, I need something lighter and quicker for the job i want it to handle).

:)

#20     Mar 17, 2010