Best Futures broker

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mkhan1900, Oct 22, 2007.

1. on the money

on the money Guest

Velocity sucks, plain and simple. It is only a matter of time before you realize that, either by them reaming you, or they close up shop and take traders' money with them. They are in a cash crunch, and might fold. Look at their balance sheet compared to other brokers and you can see they are just trying to tread water. After that Sentinel mess up, you could ask yourself why they are not more careful with trader funds.

#11     Oct 23, 2007
  2. on the money

on the money Guest

Plus their prices are ridiculous.

#12     Oct 23, 2007
  3. osc

osc

Dude
    I also don't think Velocity is any good, but how about not advertising yourself and bashing another firm in the same post.

#13     Oct 23, 2007

4. WTF are you talking about?

#14     Oct 23, 2007
  5. on the money

on the money Guest

What do you mean WTF am I talking about?! They're like the most expensive in the industry. The fact that you ask that question tells me you don't know how much you should be paying, or more accurately, how much you are actually overpaying.

#15     Oct 23, 2007
  6. Dude get off the crack, for most people they are a great priced option. Sure if you are doing 20K rts a month they are not cheap, but for the avg trader they are a good option.

They are cheaper then Open Ecry, IB, Infinity futures, Global futures, Tradestation, ect....

#16     Oct 23, 2007
  7. on the money

on the money Guest

Frank
    You spent too much time in Hollywood. You are making statements from total ignorance, and like I said, you have no idea how much you are overpaying. Instead of being defensive and trying to pretend you know what you are talking about, better to be happy you got the heads up, say "thanks" and then check around. I myself offered 3.75 r/t no minimum. I'm sure I'm not the only one offering a better deal.

#17     Oct 23, 2007

8. I guarantee I'm paying less then you, and lower then any price you could offer in the future. $3.75 isn't cheap if you are doing decent volume.

Things start becoming cheap when you are talking less then .25 a side.

#18     Oct 23, 2007
  9. on the money

on the money Guest

I offered 3.75 r/t all in with NO minimums, which is VERY cheap. That is not what I pay, and I can offer much lower with "decent volumes", so don't make a "guarantee" you can't keep.
    I KNOW how much Velocity charges because I traded with them. You have no idea what I pay, or the price I offer to volume traders, because you have not bothered to ask. In any event, if you are with Velocity, be sure it is less then what you pay now.
    So I reiterate (that means repeat myself); this is further proof that I am speaking from knowledge, and you, alas, are speaking from your arse.

#19     Oct 23, 2007

10. No, I'm not with Velocity. I just think that you are taking shots at a firm in order to further your agenda. Also, if you traded at Velocity at any point in time you must be a small fry or just completely out of the know, since there at least a dozen firms in Chicago with much lower rates then Velocity, but you must be a real trader who moves some cars to get those rates. So, I guess this is not you, and thats why you don't know of those firms.

Good luck with your endeavor, you will need it.

#20     Oct 23, 2007