Best Futures Books???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trader25, Apr 15, 2003.

1. trader25

trader25

I trade stocks and am thinking of making the switch to futures, or at least would like to learn more about them. What are some of the best futures books/learning materials out there? Thanks :)

2. One book I like is Jack D. Schwager's "A Complete Guide to the Future Markets: Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, Trading, Spreads, and Options." Not sure if it is still in print. It came out in '84.

3. Tide31

Tide31

One of my favorites is actually a textbook at the NYIF, which is the New York Institute of Finance. The title is 'How the Futures Markets Work' - (c) 2000. When I took my series 7 and series 3 many moons ago I took courses at this place in Times Square. Many Wall Street firms send their people there.

Jake Bernstein, the author does a great job of explaining how and why futures came about. Who trades them, why, the tools, strategies, hedging, charting and more. It's not only a great introduction but a great overview. He touches briefly on most aspects of tecnical analysis. I think you'll find it a great read. One you'll go back to as a reference.

4. Tide31

Tide31

Forgot, one of the things I liked most about it was the price. I guess because its a textbook? - its only $20 bucks! I hate buying a trading book for like $45 or something - only to realize it sucks!

5. The Futures Game by Teweles & Jones is considered my many to be the best introduction into the futures Arena. It is also very "readable" (not something you can say about most 600+ page books).

Cheers.

6. "winner take all" by william gallacher.

get it, read it, and memorize it.

best,

surfer:)

7. "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas