Best front end to IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by HotTip, Feb 8, 2011.

1. HotTip

HotTip

I've been using IB's excel spreadsheets for quite some time to do a market scan, perform some calculations and then batch submit equity orders. But, I've recently upgraded to Office 64-bit and IB's Excel files are somewhat unstable, and IB provides limited support for them. Just curious if anyone out there can recommend a 3rd party IB front end (compatible with Windows 7 64-bit) that I can program to utilize IB's market scanners, make some basic calculations off of the Price, Open, Prev Close, Vol, Avg Vol, and then automatically submit in batch a bunch of limit orders. I don't need charting tools. I just need a front end that can perform better than the sample Excel files that IB provides with their API.

Thanks for all your help!

2. LeeD

LeeD

I appreciate it's not an answer to your question... but is it an option to keep using 32-bit Excel? (I understand it worked perfectly for you.)

I am not sure you can have both 32- and 64-bit instances of the same version of Excel. However, if the versions are different you can have both installed and usable on the same PC.

Say, you can have 64-bit Excel 2010 and 32-bit Excel 2007.

3. HotTip

HotTip

Thanks Lee. Simultaneous 32 and 64-bit versions of 2010 are not allowed. I think 32-bit 2007 might be allowed alongside 64-bit 2010. Such a bassackwards way of doing things, though. Unfortunately it might be the only way if I can't find another front end.

4. HotTip

HotTip

What's most frustrating is that I would go back to Excel 2010 32-bit, but I have a bunch of files that are so big they crash in 32-bit, which means I need the 64-bit installation. Also, it looks like I managed to get the TwsDde file working in 64-bit, but it doesn't have the ability to get the opening price of the stock, so I'm forced to use the TwsActiveX file instead, which is what's crapping out on me.