Best Freeware Spyware prevention

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by 1flyfisher, Oct 8, 2007.

1. I vouch for Spybot S&D, its really the most reliable one I've seen

#11     Nov 28, 2007
  2. samus

samus

I use freeware sandboxie.com... it's basically a virtual sandbox for your PC environment that keeps the junk out. I've used it for a couple of years and have never had a problem with spyware, adware, etc. It's clean, light and does the job. I clean my sandbox each day and my system stays fresh.

You can also use it to test out software downloads on your system without the software actually accessing your hard drive. If you don't like the software after you've installed it in the sandbox... simply clear the sandbox and your done. Nothing is left in your registry or hard drive.

#12     Jan 2, 2008
  3. samus,
    Thanks for the info on sandiebox.
    I have been using it for a few days.
    I have my browser firefox sandboxed.

What types of programs do you sandbox with it?

I tried to download the new comodo firewall but it conflicted with sandiebox and messed up my pc.
    Do you have comodo firewall working with sandie? If so what do I need to fix/make them work together?

#13     Jan 5, 2008
  4. samus

samus

fly,

The only thing I sandbox is my browser... FF or on the rare occasion IE.

I use comodo firewall and avg virus without any issue's. If you downloaded comodo thru your sandbox, right click on the tray icon, select "contents of sandbox" and then select recover files. Recover the comodo exe to your desktop and run the executable... you should be fine.

#14     Jan 5, 2008
  5. Thanks guy
    That maybe what happened. I think I just downloaded comodo without my browser being sandboxed.
    I'll try downloading comodo again and see what happens.
    I'll let you know.

#15     Jan 5, 2008
  6. Downloaded comodo again.
    Sandiebox drivers not working and it won't open my sandieboxed webbrowser.

Hmmmmmmm.
    I think I have to do something/configure to allow comodo to allow sandiebox to work.

#16     Jan 5, 2008
  7. samus

samus

are you trying to open comodo inside the sandbox? It won't work if thats the case.. or is comodo not allowing the sandbox to launch?

#17     Jan 5, 2008
  8. I am not trying to open comodo inside the sandbox.

I am just clicking on my firefox sand boxed shortcut and I get this error message.

""""""""""""THe sandie boxed driver (SBIEDRV) is not available to sandbox programs.
    Make sure both the driver and sandboxie service (SBIESVC) have started successfully.""""""""

Comodo is messing up sandbox and not allowing it to work.

I uninstall Comodo and the sanbox works fine. I download it I get the above error message.

#18     Jan 5, 2008
  9. paulxx

paulxx

#19     Feb 17, 2008
  10. amenlo9

amenlo9

#20     Feb 29, 2008