Best free Platform with AMP

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by VinceField, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Need some clarification - if I choose multicharts - I still need rithmic for cqg ? I guess yes but for what ? rithmic or cqg for order routing or for data?

#11     Apr 28, 2024
  2. mervyn

mervyn

either one works. cqg is mbp while rithmic is mbo.

#12     Apr 28, 2024
  3. Demo Quant Tower

#13     Apr 28, 2024
    curiosity and Overnight like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Concurred. QT is a hell of a trading platform you get for free with AMP.

It has the proverbial more-shit-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at.

#14     Apr 28, 2024
    curiosity and schizo like this.
  5. Yes I tried Quant tower so will use that but with quant tower my broker say - I need data connection and recommends rithmic which has 25$ monthly fees plus tx fees per contract per side but CQG no monthly fees only tx fees - so please advise

#15     Apr 29, 2024
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

IMO, the UI and UX of QT is atrocious! Not intuitive at all. Free at the expense of usability is not worth it. To each their own.

#16     Apr 29, 2024
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I think that is just a matter of getting used to it. After using NT7 for 10 years, everything else seems offensive and counter-intuitive, but that is just the brain-burn-in thingy. QT looks fine if viewed from a fresh-start-perspective.

#17     Apr 29, 2024
    curiosity likes this.
  8. schizo

schizo

Well, it really depends on your needs. Simply put, Rithmic is MBO and CQG is MBP. MBO gives you the preview of the entire book, aka full depth, whereas MBP only a few levels at a time.

#18     Apr 29, 2024
    curiosity likes this.
  9. schizo

schizo

Really? I, on the other hand, like their UI, much better than Sierra or MultiChart. For example, how is it not better than Sierra's convoluted settings? That thing is a friggin' maze. Once you enter, you ain't coming back out.

#19     Apr 30, 2024
    p0box4 likes this.