Best Forex Charts?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Joab, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Joab

Joab

I'm looking for the best forex charting package available.

Suggestions with details

Please and Thank You

2. Colombo

Colombo

esignal does it for me....$160 or so \mo. Been using it three years or so, customer support is so-so but it is rare when I have to contact them.
    hope this helps

3. One of the best happens to be free. MetaTrader 4 would be hard to beat as a powerful charting, analytics, testing and automation suite, even if it weren't free.

4. fxj

fxj

I have compared many charts for free on platorms of several dealers and e-signal(not free). MetaTraders charts are superior and along with the experts advisors and indicators supplied as well as back testing and "write your own programs", it can't be beat in my opinion. It takes some time to learn but is worth it.

5. Joab

Joab

I downloaded it BUT it asked for a password and account number ???

6. Step-by-step illustrated guide to MT4 setup:

http://www.metatrader.info/node/31

MT4 video tutorials:

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=8984

If you open a demo MT4 account with strategybuilderfx (download and install sbfx4setup.exe), apparently it doesn't expire, unlike most. Or you could obviously open a small real account with anyone.

Note that nothing stops you from having multiple customized MT4 installations -- any mix of demo and real accounts from one or more dealers -- on a single computer, without interference. Simply install each instance in a different folder and create a unique shortcut to it.

7. fxj

fxj

If you open a demo account with a dealer that uses metatrader as their platform then you can log in with the demo ID they supply you. Some of them advertise on the metatrader website. Warning: if you trade with a dealer not using the feeds(data) that you see on the metacharts, price and time may be off(by a little or a lot)leading to unfortunate results.

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.-Arnold H. Glasow

8. Top 5 FX Data feeds:

1) EBS - Live streaming data: EBS live (500 milisecond time slices) - $50 000 per month.
    2) Reuters
    3) Tradermade
    4) CQG - $545 per month for required charting package. $100 per month for FX feed.
    5) eSignal - $165 per month.

Top free charting packages:

1) Metatrader
    2) VT Trader

#10     Dec 3, 2006